Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 Corvette L-79 4spd Two Top Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 AM
livin
Drifting

Received 272 Likes on 85 Posts

Default 1968 Corvette L-79 4spd Two Top Convertible

1968 2 Top, 4spd, L-79 Corvette Convertible

Nice Original Corvette finished in it’s original shade of British Green with a CLEAN Standard Black Interior in GREAT SHAPE. Paint is a solid 8 out of 10. Hardtop is Painted to Match Corvette.

This is a Quality Corvette that was purchased from CNV Corvette Sales of Arizona 5 years ago for $29,000.00 Since purchase, the incorrect 350was pulled and the correct (N.O.M.) not orignal motor #’s matching restoration block was professionally rebuilt, dynographed and dropped back in just a few hundred miles ago! The L-79 Restoration Block has the Correct Casting #'s and the Correct Cast Dates, but I am pretty sure, and will confirm early next week that the Vin Stamp Pad has not been stamped with the Corvette's assembly date, engine prefix, and vin #.

This Corvette is owned by an ASE certified mechanic. He is a good friend of mine, and I am just helping him sell his Corvette.

This Corvette has its original Tank Sticker, proving it was an original 350 h.p. L-79/ M-21 4spd Manual Transmission Corvette. It also shows the other factory options installed on the Corvette such as Telescopic Steering Wheel, Auxillary Hardtop and more…

There is close to $40,000 invested into this Corvette. You will be hardpressed to find one of this quality for a mere $24,900.00 or best offer.

Please Call for more information….
Jacob Angel / Orcas Island, WA / (360) 376-7420

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by livin; 10-31-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Beautiful looking 68 vert...
Old 10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Roma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

What a Beauty ;-) What Colour is the Soft-Top ?

Good Luck with the Sale
Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
livin
Drifting

Thanks a ton! She is really pretty. British Green was a color only applied to the Corvette in 1968. It looks Black in most lights, and you can see the green when the light hits it just right.

The soft top is black and in excellent condition.

Very Best,
Jacob

Last edited by livin; 10-31-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
phata55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car @ a great price. If it was black, I'd be on a plane right now heading to pick it up! What other options are on this car?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 PM
livin
Drifting

Thanks for all the Compliments everyone!

It really does look black on a grey day. When the sun hits it, you can see the pretty green which gives it great depth. Brittish Racing Green is the darkest green they ever put on a Corvette.

If you look close at the tank sticker pic you can make out these options that I will list for you below. Alongside is the number of total Corvettes produced with the same options out of a total of 28,566 Corvettes produced for the 1968 Model Year.

Code 983 British Green (1 of 4779)
Standard vinyl trim/black
L-79 350 h.p. 327 THIS IS THE LAST YEAR for a 327 in a Corvette (1 of 9440)
G-81 Posi-traction (1 of 27,008 )
M-21 Close Ratio 4spd Transmission ( 1 of 12,337 )
Standard Top
C07 Auxillary Hardtop (1 of 8735 )
U69 A/M F/M Radio ( 1 of 24,609 )
A02 Soft Ray Tinted Windshield ( 1 of 5509 )
N36 Telescopic Steering Column ( 1 of 6477)
U79 AM/FM Radio STEREO ( 1 of 3311 )

as you can see some of these options are pretty rare.

If you are new to Corvettes, you should know that it is REALLY RARE to have a legible Tank Sticker with your Corvette. Tank Stickers started rolling down the assembly line on the 67 models. As the chassis rolled down the assembly line the line workers would glue a piece of paper on gas tank. This piece of paper, now refered to as a tank sticker is the car's buildsheet. A genuine tank sticker is one of the most important pieces of paperwork you can have to prove how your Corvette was assembled as it left the factory new.

Jacob

Last edited by livin; 10-31-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

Very nice car. Any pics of the underside, birdcage and engine compartment?

What do you mean by "correct #’s matching restoration block". I assume you mean the correct casting number but that would imply it has either the incorrect VIN derivitive stamp or the stamp was removed entirely. Can you shed more light into the engine?

Thanks!

Last edited by IcemanZ06; 10-15-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
livin
Drifting

Originally Posted by IcemanZ06
Very nice car. Any pics of the underside, birdcage and engine compartment?

What do you mean by "correct #’s matching restoration block". I assume you mean the correct casting number but that would imply it has either the incorrect VIN derivitive stamp or the stamp was removed entirely. Can you shed more light into the engine?

Thanks!
Hello,

A restoration block is a block with the same exact RAISED cast #'s as the original block, with a RAISED build date that coincides within a 4, possibly 6 month window before the Car was born. The PAD, the area in front of the passenger side head towards the radiator will have the assembly date, a pre-fix for a L-79 4spd, and then the vin derivative of the Corvette.

The hard part with a Corvette without its original motor, is to find the correct CAST pieces with the Correct CAST dates. This has been done. The "Pad" can still be stamped, but it is not in this case.

During NCRS FLIGHT JUDGING a NON ORIGINAL MOTOR Corvette, with the CORRECT RESTORATION BLOCK, WITH THE CORRECT CAST NUMBERS, CORRECT CAST DATE, AND CORRECT STAMPING WILL ACHIEVE ALL THE EXACT SAME POINTS AS A CORVETTE WITH ITS ORIGINAL MOTOR. IF THE PAD IS NOT STAMPED THE OWNER LOSES I THINK 75 POINTS.

we are not trying to claim this is an original motor car, IT IS NOT!!! It is however the correct "restoration" block that the NCRS requires for possible flight judging of this Corvette.

The engine bay needs to be detailed, pics didn't come out great. The engine is clean, but the rest of the engine bay could just use some elbow grease. I will go early next week and get some detailed pics of under the hood, and also the underside of the Corvette for anyone interested. Thanks for asking. Sorry to not have included this in the original post.

The engine rebuild does come with a dyno graph. It is a strong engine, starts right up and runs very well.

Thanks a bunch for your interest....

NOW, let's sell my buddy's Corvette.... anyone, anyone!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by livin
Hello,

A restoration block is a block with the same exact RAISED cast #'s as the original block, with a RAISED build date that coincides within a 4, possibly 6 month window before the Car was born. The PAD, the area in front of the passenger side head towards the radiator will have the assembly date, a pre-fix for a L-79 4spd, and then the vin derivative of the Corvette.

The hard part with a Corvette without its original motor, is to find the correct CAST pieces with the Correct CAST dates. This has been done. The "Pad" can still be stamped, but it is not in this case.

During NCRS FLIGHT JUDGING a NON ORIGINAL MOTOR Corvette, with the CORRECT RESTORATION BLOCK, WITH THE CORRECT CAST NUMBERS, CORRECT CAST DATE, AND CORRECT STAMPING WILL ACHIEVE ALL THE EXACT SAME POINTS AS A CORVETTE WITH ITS ORIGINAL MOTOR. IF THE PAD IS NOT STAMPED THE OWNER LOSES I THINK 75 POINTS.

we are not trying to claim this is an original motor car, IT IS NOT!!! It is however the correct "restoration" block that the NCRS requires for possible flight judging of this Corvette.

The engine bay needs to be detailed, pics didn't come out great. The engine is clean, but the rest of the engine bay could just use some elbow grease. I will go early next week and get some detailed pics of under the hood, and also the underside of the Corvette for anyone interested. Thanks for asking. Sorry to not have included this in the original post.

The engine rebuild does come with a dyno graph. It is a strong engine, starts right up and runs very well.

Thanks a bunch for your interest....

NOW, let's sell my buddy's Corvette.... anyone, anyone!!!
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Lots of people say "restoration correct" without considering casting dates and numbers throughout. Sounds like a quality job recreating the original engine. I look forward to the pics I requested. They can be sent to usafcorvette "at" yahoo.com (broken for spam considerations)

Thanks
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM
pulpsmack
Advanced

.... just "wow"
Old 10-15-2010, 05:21 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Brittish Racing Green
Code 983 Brittish Racing Green (1 of 4779)
It's actually "British Green," right?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
mar
Burning Brakes

Looks like an early build with the drivers side mirror up front and close to the pillar. Beautiful car - bad timing for me.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:36 AM
myoriginal77
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Bump for a beautiful car,

Wish I could work a deal, bad timing for me also.

Frank
Old 10-16-2010, 03:44 AM
RAT
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Why oh why did I have to look at this post??? Sitting here shaking my head wondering how I could fit this into my garage??? Can't park the C6 Vert outside, nor my wife's SUV. Money in the bank and no place to park another Vette.
We just happen to be looking for another house with a 3 car garage just for this purpose.
Anyway, maybe another day here soon. Good luck with your friends sell of his Vette.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Roma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by glrc6
Why oh why did I have to look at this post??? Sitting here shaking my head wondering how I could fit this into my garage??? Can't park the C6 Vert outside, nor my wife's SUV. Money in the bank and no place to park another Vette.
We just happen to be looking for another house with a 3 car garage just for this purpose.
Anyway, maybe another day here soon. Good luck with your friends sell of his Vette.
Why not rent an extragarage ?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
avijay7519
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

What condition is the frame, underside, and birdcage in (pics)? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
earlyj
Advanced

Nice car!, looks like it is 2 weeks older than mine. Mine has the same color combination but with white top. what is the last 6 of the VIN ? and what is the engine casting NUmbers and date code?
thanks and good luck with sale.. earlyj

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 Corvette L-79 4spd Two Top Convertible

Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
langlj00
Instructor

Hi,
Pictures of the underside and engine bay please.
What color is the soft top?
Would you consider selling overseas ? (UK)

Thanks,
Jeremy.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Roma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

The soft top is black and in excellent condition.

Very Best,
Jacob
Old 10-28-2010, 04:07 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by langlj00
Hi,
Pictures of the underside and engine bay please.
What color is the soft top?
Would you consider selling overseas ? (UK)

Thanks,
Jeremy.
Hey Jeremy!
Your still looking for a 68 vert then!
livin, Jeremy is a serious UK buyer.

My sister in law used to live over on Orcas....beautiful part of the country. Her Ex still lives over there with his new wife.

Good luck with the sale, gorgeous looking car.

Quick Reply: 1968 Corvette L-79 4spd Two Top Convertible