Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

74' 4spd coupe, 2800 miles on motor/trans/interior, nice paint, clean frame!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
smonska
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 74' 4spd, fresh motor/trans/interior, newer paint, Price Reduced!

Well, I bought a 2010 Grand Sport so I'm out of garage space! The car is a 74' 4spd T-Top, the PO had a nice clearcoat/basecoat paint job put on it and has a great shine. The main reason I bought this car 5 years ago is I didn't want to do paint/body/frame work, and this looked great the day I bought it! The frame/body and underside is very nice and not scaly anywhere, it's not a native New England car. It has never been driven in the rain as long as I've owned it and it lives in a garage under a Wolf cover (comes with it).

The engine and trans were professionally rebuilt 2800 miles ago around when I got it and have Sportsman II heads, Comp 270 cam, ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock intake and 600 carb, probably about ~350hp, runs strong and sounds great with just a little lope in the idle. The trans was rebuilt at the same time, and is a wide ratio Muncie M-20. The car got a new interior at the same time, new panels, seats, carpet, gauges (mileage read 00000 when I bought it), door panels, etc.

There are no "corvette idiosyncrasies" in the car, the E-brake works, All gauges work, pop-up headlights work, even the clock works! The only thing not right is the A/C doesn't work as it should, I charged it and it blew cold, but threw the belt twice, so I just left it off as I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven the car with the roof on :-) .

I took a bunch of pictures, including many underneath to show the frame, etc is clean being that I live in New England. I also took a video showing how the car runs and sounds. I wouldn't have the car NCRS judged, but it's a very nice clean car and won't embarrass at a car show! Any questions my cell is four one three - two one eight - seven eight eight nine, or send me a PM. Thanks!

****PRICE REDUCED*****
$15,500/bo

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3nar_s5gs

70 more pictures: http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/y...onska/Corvette

Last edited by smonska; 06-09-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Reduced Price
Old 05-30-2010, 01:13 PM
smonska
Racer

Added a video. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
smonska
Racer

No comments? :-)

Anyone have any advice for selling a vintage Corvette? I put it up here, Craigslist and eBay, are there any other 'Vette sites I should post it on? Any thoughts about videos or pictures I should take? Would a video of driving it help?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,611 Likes on 2,176 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by smonska
No comments? :-)

Anyone have any advice for selling a vintage Corvette? I put it up here, Craigslist and eBay, are there any other 'Vette sites I should post it on? Any thoughts about videos or pictures I should take? Would a video of driving it help?
Since you are looking for comments/advice: The best way to sell a Corvette is to stay abreast of the market and price it correctly. Looks like a nice car. Good luck with your sale
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
smonska
Racer

Well, being this one doesn't have a driveline with 80,000 miles on it, or need paint or anything else really, if anyone wants to shoot me offers, I'll listen to em'.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Kustom8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He meant no harm,and I know how frustrating it is.A few years back when the market was strong,and the 74s were starting to come in more,esp. a 4-speed car like yours.Right now.....the market is full of muscle cars,and the prices are really down.
Your car is very nice.I've had several 74s,and like them alot,but I'm broke,so just talkin'...lol...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
smonska
Racer

Yeah, I guess the market for the 74's is smaller than a 68'-72'. When I bought the car, my rationale was I can get a 71' that has the original unrebuilt motor and trans with 80k on it, needs paint, has ripped seats and 6 things wrong with it or a 74' that's mint and needs nothing for the same money, so I went with a 74'. I think that's still true, at least with this car! The main reason I wouldn't want a 74' is the low horsepower, but this one has a 350hp mill in it now so that caveat is gone :-)
Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM
smonska
Racer

Price reduced! I'll listen to offers if anyone is interested.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:45 AM
smonska
Racer

Sold! In case anyone is interested in how the market is, I got $14k for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
smallblock350
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, which you got a nice price for. Congrats and thanks for posting the selling price.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

You did very well on it...

Get notified of new replies

To 74' 4spd coupe, 2800 miles on motor/trans/interior, nice paint, clean frame!

Quick Reply: 74' 4spd coupe, 2800 miles on motor/trans/interior, nice paint, clean frame!