Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB '69 vert, tripple black, 427

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 612 Likes on 334 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by DZRick
Actually it sort of is appropriate.

Getting the word out that this happens straight from the type of guy that would do this is important. It happens just as re-stamping blocks does. I even had a Camaro guy want to buy my motor that told me he planned to alter the build date and make my '68 300hp 327 into a '68 302. Buyer beware.
I should have been more clear. The part I was objecting to was the fourth element that takes it from a Triple Black to a Quadruple Black. Go back and read it and I think you will see what I mean. I have no issues with the rest of the post, just the racists remark.
Panama58
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panama 58
I should have been more clear. The part I was objecting to was the fourth element that takes it from a Triple Black to a Quadruple Black. Go back and read it and I think you will see what I mean. I have no issues with the rest of the post, just the racists remark.
Panama58
I see what your saying, I misunderstood your post.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
doug lambert
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DZRick
Actually it sort of is appropriate.

Getting the word out that this happens straight from the type of guy that would do this is important. It happens just as re-stamping blocks does. I even had a Camaro guy want to buy my motor that told me he planned to alter the build date and make my '68 300hp 327 into a '68 302. Buyer beware.
It was not my intention to offend anyone's PC sensibility and I apologize. Ironically, the infamous "quadruple black" remark was borrowed from my co-worker who is: A) Black B) A 25 year personal friend and churchmember C) Laughing hysterically at the misinterpretation D) All of the above. Perhaps I should have said "#4 Black tires"! Albeit, there's probably a hypersensitive rubber tree out there that would not like the reference. As for the numbers matching, block stamping issue; the person in search of the triple black car was emailed and my contempt for number fanatics and forgers was made quite clear.
My love for Corvettes started with the television series "Route 66" -- the car, not the route number.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by doug lambert
It was not my intention to offend anyone's PC sensibility and I apologize. Ironically, the infamous "quadruple black" remark was borrowed from my co-worker who is: A) Black B) A 25 year personal friend and churchmember C) Laughing hysterically at the misinterpretation D) All of the above. Perhaps I should have said "#4 Black tires"! Albeit, there's probably a hypersensitive rubber tree out there that would not like the reference. As for the numbers matching, block stamping issue; the person in search of the triple black car was emailed and my contempt for number fanatics and forgers was made quite clear.
My love for Corvettes started with the television series "Route 66" -- the car, not the route number.
I'm sorry to be dense, but you just completely lost me with the quadruple part. I wasn't hypersensitive, I didnt understand your post. I didn't know what an "add" was (do you have an ad someplace with a car for sale? I missed that). I also just did not even get the "Afro"-American reference... haven't heard that one since the Jeffersons... now reading your posts it was just an unclear poor attempt at humor. I get it, I've done that plenty of times.

I do also miss you point on the numbers, too. While you obviously have some disdain for correct numbers, my point was simply that if someone if buying a car looking for a real trim tag, it seemes odd if that buyer doesnt care about the NOM. At that point, the real trim tag loses its value for the most part. I understand that trim tags and engines can be faked. I'm saying why look for a real trim tag with no real motor? That value is gone.

Incidentally, I chased cars from California to Connecticut to specifically find a real code 900 tag car... I'm not criticizng him for that.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 02-17-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM
tompugh
Burning Brakes

I think this whole thread is gone...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
doug lambert
Cruising

Originally Posted by tompugh
I think this whole thread is gone...
Dang.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
doug lambert
Cruising

I attempted to respond but it mysteriously vaporized. The reference was to an advertisement (the extra "d" was a typo). I try to encourage novice Corvette persons not to become too obsessed with #'s as they will enjoy the car process a lot more. I've gone full circle...

*Advance apology to any obese circles out there.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Iroc57
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panama 58
Panama58
"lighten up Francis"

It is an obscure movie quote but rather appropriate, I saw nothing racist in the remark.

My $.02
Old 02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 612 Likes on 334 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Iroc57
"lighten up Francis"

It is an obscure movie quote but rather appropriate, I saw nothing racist in the remark.

My $.02
Would you like change back?
Panama58
Old 02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

I thought this thread was about a triple black vette?

Quick Reply: WTB '69 vert, tripple black, 427