Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 76 Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
justanotherdoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 76 Daily Driver

This car has been my daily driver since April 2006 – I’ve put 37K miles on the clock. I found a 2003 50th at the right price/condition/mileage and can only keep one, so I need to find a new home for the 76. It is a 350 auto with power windows, steering and brakes that appears to have lived the last 33 years in Texas based on lack of rust and some receipts I found dated from the late 70s – early 80s.

The car is stock with the following exceptions:

1. True dual exhaust
2. Timing advanced to lars/barryk specs. I kept the stock springs and vacuum advance and they will also go with the car.

The P/O may have put in a mild cam based on the lumpiness at idle, but this is just a guess on my part.

All wheel bearings and ujoints have been replaced in the last 20K miles. The tires and front brake pads have less than 5K miles on them. All of the vacuum actuated controls work (lights, climate controls, etc.), and along with the gauges (though the clock gets cranky when it’s hotter than 75 F). The car is plumbed for A/C, but the stock mount does not fit with the headers so the compressor is not installed. It will go with the car as part of the sale. Even the parking brake works; the car has a current Texas Safety inspection through May 2010.

The P/O also indicated the engine was rebuilt and had less than 1K miles when I bought it in 06. I never saw a receipt but the block was freshly painted, the 4 cylinders I compression checked were in the 150-155 range, the exhaust doesn’t smoke, and only about a quart of oil is used between changes at 3K miles. The casting code is 3970010.

Manuals, front end bushing/ball joint kit, rams horns and other parts are included in the sale (see pic).

A few pics are posted here, send me a PM with your email address for the full set.

I’m asking $7,500.00 OBO, and the car is also listed locally in the Houston area.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
justanotherdoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

==Sold==

See you on the C5 forum.

Quick Reply: F/S 76 Daily Driver