Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 82 Silver Green

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:08 PM
jerry1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Green 1982

I have one just like it in the garage. I love the color combination. I don't think that I can own two of them and a new 08 JSB coupe. Hope you have luck selling it.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Slvrgrn82
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=FYI - The only other interior colour available for silver green was charcoal.[/QUOTE]

What is your reference you use to get this info?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

That is a great price for somebody looking for one.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,467 Likes on 790 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Slvrgrn82
What is your reference you use to get this info?
Corvette Black Book 2008 edition page 85. It's not perfect per the disclaimer in the book but I've been using a version of this book since 1987 and it hasn't let me down yet.

I had an 82 CE from 1985 to 1992 and gathered a lot of info on the 82 model year. IMHO you have a very desirable 82 being silver green with silver green leather. I have seen over a dozen of these over the years and they have all had the silver green interior and I would tend to believe most of the 723 cars came this way. There were 757 cars built with silver green leather and it was available with white and black exteriors in addition to the silver green exterior. If I had the room, your car would be mine.

Again, best of luck to you on the sale.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
There is no such protocol and no forgiveness is necessary.

Shouldn't apologize, and in fact there are WRITTEN rules, so I'm pretty sure they overrule your unwritten stuff.

About time somebody got this right. There are no dibs, no "me first rules," nothing.

THIS IS WHY THERE ARE NO SUCH RULES. The car would probably have sold if not for Viet accusing this guy of breaking rules that do not exist.

PS... nice car, nice price. Somebody buy this thing!
This is as clear as it gets!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:19 AM
C3Joey
8th Gear

Nice Price? A steal! I just bought an 82 Silver/ Claret for...a bit more. And don't sell youself short. Id rather get the gas mileage you get with that 82 than with my 04 Avalanche! Want to trade? Seriously! Got lots of room for the little one! Speaking of which..and it not being a good time to sell a V-8 vehicle, why not keep it for him/her? Corvettes are one of the few cars that do appreciate. Even an 82 is about at the bottom of the curve. Worst case scenario, start talking to the vette dealers. They will sell this car for 12k easy.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

ttt for a killer color combo
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Slvrgrn82
Intermediate

Just an update:

I finally found a quality electrical guy and got it to his shop.

He has identified the electrical issue as a bad inlet air solonoid in the hood.

I am also having him go thru the AC to include new compressor, drier,orings and 134a conversion.

If anyone is interested now that these things are fixed, please use my contact info in the first post.

Needless to say, a NEW price will have to reflect the repairs.

Jeff
Old 08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
woody52
Heel & Toe

and what would be that new price?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
ludovino1
Advanced

PM Sent
Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Slvrgrn82
Intermediate

Replied to PM
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
ludovino1
Advanced

I will call you tonight again.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
From the Parts For Sale guidelines:

"The seller will determine who they want to sell their item/product to based on the expediency of payment, payment method, location, and overall ease of transaction. While some may feel that the first to commit to purchase in the thread would make it easy, it may not be for the seller. If another buyer lives nearby and can save the trouble of shipping, etc. the seller can move onto that buyer let's remember, it is his item/product for sale.

This will eliminate the confusion of "dibs," replies to a thread, PM's, e-mail and telephone promotions/discussions, which has caused nothing but confusion and frustration in the past."

There are no rules on this issue in the car selling guidelines. Buyers change their minds about cars for sale daily (as is the case here), so I would think any seller would be crazy not to deal with any party seriously interested. The only way you can tell whether a buyer is serious if he's willing to put money on the table, or he's willing to commit to travel long distance to inspect a car.
A-MEN BROTHER WELL PUT...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 1982 vette owners

I have a question for all you guys that own the 82 vettes. I just about bought one that is for sale on this forum. But, I have heard nothing but horror stories about the crossfire engine's they put in these things. Now, I don't want to tread on this thread, but, since there are so many of you guys on this thread that own these cars, what are some of the main problems that occur with these motors? I know the throttle bodies give trouble, and they are a pain to work on, but I was seriously fixing to buy the one I saw on this forum until I spoke to several mechanics.
Any input?

By the way, I love the color combo of this one as well. Good luck with the sale..
Old 08-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Slvrgrn82
Intermediate

Just like anything else, you will have people who like certain things and those who don't.

The mechancis who truly understand the workings of the crossfire, don't seem to mind them and will generally tell you they are not as bad as they are made out to be.

Those who don't know them, will hate them. This is usually due to a lack of info or support.

It takes a guy who knows how to tune them ( electronically) and make them smooth. These guys are hard to find, but you can find them.

It took me months to track down the guy I found but he is very good electrically and electronicly.

You are not gonna get big HP out of them unless you get into the camshaft and heads. Throttlebody work will only get you so far.

I like it because it is injected. No carbs to rebuild.

Just my .02 worth
Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Slvrgrn82
Intermediate

Sold

Quick Reply: F/S 82 Silver Green