Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 1972 T-top coupe, 350/4 speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
MWieczorek
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1972 T-top coupe, 350/4 speed - No longer for sale

Hello gang,

I haven't been posting much at all lately, mainly because I've been busy with our new baby boy. Now there's 3 of us, and the 'vette only has two seats. I have a chance to pick up a different project that is still cool but can fit the whole family, so I'm putting my 'vette up for sale here.

It's a 1972 T-top coupe. It has 95,000 miles on it. It was originally Ontario Orange with a saddle tan interior. The car is currently a dark red/burnt copper color metallic. It changes depending on the light. The car has the base 350 engine and 4 speed muncie transmission. The VIN stamp on the engine matches the car, and I have no reason to believe that it or the transmission have ever been replaced. I believe they are both original to the car. The car's options include power steering and tilt/telescopic steering wheel. It has manual brakes. It does not have air conditioning. At some point a previous owner swapped the exhaust manifolds for headers.

Since purchasing the car, I replaced the shifter with a Hurst unit. The OE shifter was worn to the point where you couldn't shift reliably. I still have the OE shifter, it goes with the car. I also replaced the carburetor with a rebuilt unit, I have the original carb and it also goes with the car. The radiator developed a leak, so I replaced it with a DeWitt's aluminum radiator, you can see it in the pictures below. The steering assist cylinder was leaking, so I replaced it and the associated hoses as well. The driver's side seat belt was broken, so I replaced that with an aftermarket unit, hoping to someday find a replacement retractor to fix the OE belt. A previous owner cut the cargo compartment doors behind the seats for stereo speakers. The ones in the holes were shot, so I replaced them with new Sony speakers. They don't look the greatest, but they do sound good.

The body is in pretty decent condition, there are only 2 visible issues. One is the driver's side bumper corner. The spot where the bumper bolts to the frame is broken, and there is a small crack radiating out from that spot. I have the broken piece, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. The other is a small crack on the passenger's side edge of the hood. I have taken pictures of both of these. The rivets that hold the bonding strips on the nose are bulging in spots, but from what I can tell that's pretty normal for these cars.

Overall the car is in good, presentable driver condition. It drives and handles fine and it looks good from 15 feet away. The engine runs strong, but the valve seals do leak some, it smokes a little when you first start it. The clutch is good. The brakes are good, I do have to bleed them every so often, though. The interior is original to the car, and its showing its age. The frame is solid, it has surface rust but that's it. I showed what I could in the photos below.

I'm asking $11,500 for this Corvette.

If you're interested, PM me for my phone number and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Also, if there are any other pictures you would like to see, ask and I'll do my best to get a good shot and post it up here.

The car is located in Norwalk, Ohio.

Here are the pictures!

Exterior:

Interior:

Engine bay:

New DeWitt's Radiator:

Driver's Side Frame:

Passenger Side Frame:

Spare Tire area:

Front undercarriage:

T-top bags come with the car:

Last edited by MWieczorek; 01-16-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Keeping the car - no longer for sale
Old 12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
MWieczorek
Advanced

I just wanted to add pictures of the 2 problem areas I mentioned in my ad.

Here's the broken spot on the front bumper:

And here's the crack in the hood:

Matt
Old 12-24-2007, 08:09 PM
brucebed
Instructor

Looks like a good driver for little $$$. TTT.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM
MWieczorek
Advanced

The car is still for sale. I'll take $10,500 to move it.

Matt
Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Call me

Check your PM for phone # might be time for another one.
Mick
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Looks like a good buy. How do the headlights come up and wiper door vacuum work on the car? Have you replaced the rear wheel bearings since you've owned it?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
MWieczorek
Advanced

I have not replaced the rear wheel bearings, but the wheels sit straight up and the bearings do not seem to have excessive play in them.

The headlights work great, they were probably refurbished at some point in the car's history. The vacum door for the wipers works, but it loses suction a few minutes after you shut off the car and it creeps up a little.

Matt
Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Still available??
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Deron
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like a good for 10k if only you were closer to jersey
Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
MWieczorek
Advanced

Yep, its still for sale!

Matt
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
MWieczorek
Advanced

Hey gang,

I've decided to keep the car after all. I'll probably be starting a restoration thread over in the C3 general area so you can watch my progress if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!

Matt
Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
69camfrk
Le Mans Master

Location: GA "When I grow up, I'm gonna get a Trans Am and run from the cops". Direct quote from my 4yo son.

Originally Posted by MWieczorek
Hey gang,

I've decided to keep the car after all. I'll probably be starting a restoration thread over in the C3 general area so you can watch my progress if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!

Matt
Man, I hate that. I was very interested. I just found it this a.m.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1972 T-top coupe, 350/4 speed

Quick Reply: F/S 1972 T-top coupe, 350/4 speed