Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Looked at Cn'v 69 and 70 Big Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
drimp66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Looked at Cn'v 69 and 70 Big Blocks

Has anyone looked at some of the Cn'v Corvette '69 and '70 convertible big blocks they have for sale? I've noticed they've had these cars at least a year now. I'm referring to the '69 bronze, '69 gold, and a '70 gray cars that they have. I'd like to know if these cars are nice, but overpriced, or crap and overpriced.

I've read a number of their posts here so I understand it's "buyer beware", but I've been looking for a year now and I'm getting desperate. Just wandering if it's worth a trip from Texas to Arizona to take a look.

Also, are they very firm on their prices?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
egon
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to one of the salemen over the phone about a...I think it was a L36 vert that sounded like a decent car but was about 20-30k above others in the same condition. So I would say, good car but way over priced.

I't too bad these guys ask this kind of money because the average joe sees this and then thinks thier car is worth that too... If the car was worth that then it would sell in a reasonable amount of time but as you have notice they don't. It shouldn't take a year to sell a honestly priced BB vert now should it?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
AZ 7TVETTE
Instructor

CnV does not typically negotiate. They tend to put money and parts into a car and wait for it to appreciate. Besides, these cars attract buyers into the store who are likely to buy something. They sell a lot of cars, somehow.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 87 Posts

My Friends bought a 68 small block roadster from CnV.

It was supposed to be a no hit virgin bodied car.

They paid about 30 for the car and 9 months later figured out that the car has had serious body work done to it. There is a cut right through the fenders across the wheel wells and a new nose was half-*** glued onto it. If it were my car I would be really mad and look for some kind of action. My friends have called and complained... but they still have the car. My friends have also already pulled the nom 350 to put in the correct #'s matching small block and are now a little upside down in the car if you ask me. The prices they have are a bit too expensive.

If you want a great deal on a 69 BB vert.... buy mine its listed on this forum!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Run Forest - RUN!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Harrykaw
Pro

Originally Posted by 71_454_Green_Machine
Run Forest - RUN!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 AM
roadking53
Cruising

Default 69 Vette

I Have A Real Nice 69 Convt Listed on Here, Small Block...Come Look And Make Me A Realistic Offer...
Old 04-12-2008, 11:34 AM
azsparky
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to delete CNV-Corvettes from your browser and keep looking elsewhere, a good one will turn up. IMO
Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Rickman
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by azsparky
You need to delete CNV-Corvettes from your browser and keep looking elsewhere, a good one will turn up. IMO
Buy instead from a known Forum member who has cared for the car and knows its history. You will wind up with a solid car and a better value.

Also, uh-oh, the matching numbers thing again. I love it, "my friends have also already pulled the NOM 350 (from the 68 purchased from CnV) to put in the correct matching #'s small block....". IMO this is also a joke, since it's not the original engine either. As Elaine said in the old Seinfeld episode, "fake, fake, fake!"

Rickman
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM
427-390
Drifting

Originally Posted by drimp66
Has anyone looked at some of the Cn'v Corvette '69 and '70 convertible big blocks they have for sale? I've noticed they've had these cars at least a year now. I'm referring to the '69 bronze, '69 gold, and a '70 gray cars that they have. I'd like to know if these cars are nice, but overpriced, or crap and overpriced.

I've read a number of their posts here so I understand it's "buyer beware", but I've been looking for a year now and I'm getting desperate. Just wandering if it's worth a trip from Texas to Arizona to take a look.

Also, are they very firm on their prices?
Not only are they firm, they have some peculiar business practices IMO. I once inquired about a corvette I was interested in and requested some additional pictures and documentation. The salesman informed me that I would have to place a $125.00 deposit on the car in order to get this information. After I recovered from my shock, I sent the owner of CnV a very terse email on his business practices by this salesman. No reply was ever received from him. Just use the "Search" function for CnV and see what you get. Not many people on this forum have had good experiences.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
CamoMan
Intermediate

Personally I think if a buyer doesn't at least purchase, or borrow, a "Corvette Black Book" before they invest in a Vette, they are almost begging to be stung. Not that The Black Book is a perfect guarantee now that there are companies manufacturing fake, "replacement", VIN plates and trim plates. But it at least helps catch the less professional or informed fakers.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 AM
srlove
Advanced

Originally Posted by 427-390
Not only are they firm, they have some peculiar business practices IMO. I once inquired about a corvette I was interested in and requested some additional pictures and documentation. The salesman informed me that I would have to place a $125.00 deposit on the car in order to get this information. After I recovered from my shock, I sent the owner of CnV a very terse email on his business practices by this salesman. No reply was ever received from him. Just use the "Search" function for CnV and see what you get. Not many people on this forum have had good experiences.
I once sent an inquiry for more info about one of their cars and never got a reply. I also think they tend to be overpriced beyond typical dealer markups especially for what most of their cars are....IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Looked at Cn'v 69 and 70 Big Blocks

Quick Reply: Anyone Looked at Cn'v 69 and 70 Big Blocks