Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking real hard at a 76.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,837 Likes on 831 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by jetdoc
Its for the rear window defroster. Not sure if its factory or what?
The rear defogger was a factory option. I think thats where the switch went.............
Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
vttedrm
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Andy, thanks man. The car is a beauty and I'm glad its worked out for both sides. We certainly will be taking good care of it, not that it needs much anyway, just a few tweaks, , nothing big at all.

To me, it having side pipes, thus not "original" isn't even a factor for us. The pipes are cool and sound real nice and the car drives as straight as any of our new cars.

I will check out the club in Delaware as we have been looking for a local one for a bit.

Good for you guys. People focus too much on the "original" BS. There is not car around today from the 70's that's original. I mean how many have their original 30 year old tires, hoses, oil , etc. People like to pick the original items...Engine, Trans and diff. I'm more into the fun aspect of the car.

Imagine buying one of the three 1969 L88's. God, you'd be too afraid to take it out anywhere. What if it got scratched? WHAT IF SOMEONE HIT IT?!! Enjoy your 76. It has everything the other vettes have. Remove some plumbing and she'll keep pace with her older sisters - and she's a true Stingray to boot. Have fun. That's what this hobby is all about...but it looks like you knew that already.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:33 PM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEVNT6
The rear defogger was a factory option. I think thats where the switch went.............
Hey Sevnt6, thanks for the info. Yea the toggle is for the rear window defogger, its in a odd place to me, but whatever.

Vettedrm, I'm glad there are others out there like Andy and me, lol. I agree with you about having an original, its a vette with a few things that are not factory, oh well.

We are here to drive it and have fun, and thats what we plan on doing. Just like Andy has fun in his Greenwood, which is one sweet ride. He takes good care of that baby as well.

Thanks fellas.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

One good thing about a '76 is that you rarely get flack! I have original everything so when I went on my chrome binge I thought someone at a car show somewhere would light me up. But it's been nothing but complements...................

Like you said. There here to drive & have fun.....
Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 AM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

One good thing about a '76 is that you rarely get flack! I have original everything so when I went on my chrome binge I thought someone at a car show somewhere would light me up. But it's been nothing but complements...................

Like you said. There here to drive & have fun.....
Yup....I can say for sure that your car rocks. All I have seen, besides the avatar, is the engine....and again, WOW,thats clean dude. Lots of time and love in your engine.

Just checked your profile, original owner? Thats cool daddyo.

Last edited by jetdoc; 04-11-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

Yup....I can say for sure that your car rocks. All I have seen, besides the avatar, is the engine....and again, WOW,thats clean dude. Lots of time and love in your engine.

Just checked your profile, original owner? Thats cool daddyo.

It's my baby! I was just an 18 year old punk when I ordered it in Jan '76. It still has it's original paint and has never been wrecked or beat....

So when do you pick yours up?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

Depending on the remaining repairs left and check clearing it should be saturday. Did some shifting in the garage and the spot is waiting. I have 3 bikes I had to reposition and make sure the garage isn't cluttered. I will not allow my garage to be cluttered, except for having 2Vettes, .
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

Update, thursday 12th.

Andy is a standup guy.

He found a nail in the sidewall this a.m when the mech came by to get the vette...needs new tire of course.

Needs new valve cover gaskets. Needs new rear rotors and pads as well. He had the wipers fixed the other day.

So these repairs are going to cost him quite a bit of mula, but he said he is a man of his word and he said he'd fix the probs so he will.

The repairs will delay my getting the vette till the 21st instead of this saturday, but at least the car will be fixed.

Thanks Andy,
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

All of that is well worth the wait. If he takes care of you like this, you know he took care of that Vette too................
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

All of that is well worth the wait. If he takes care of you like this, you know he took care of that Vette too................
Exactly Sevnt6...that is funny you said that as when my wife and I were just talking on the phone that was the topic of our conversation.

I mean he could've just said, "f you dude, come and get the car as it is, its yours now as I have the money in the bank". Or he could've had his mech do some shady repairs and I would've not found out till later on down the road.

So what Barry and MacoShark said about Andy is right on..he is one hell of a stand up guy...thanks you two dudes, and you too Sevent6 as you have been keeping up with my progress on this vette, you all rock, .
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

Hey jetdoc..........Did you ever realize that you were born exactly 2 weeks after the Wright brothers first flight? With your occupation though I'm sure this is old news............

I LOVE WARBIRDS!! If someone can tell me what sounds better than a Rolls-Royce Merlin please let me know what it is..........

Unless it's a Rolls-Royce Griffon.........I've never been lucky enough to hear one........

Dan
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM
jetdoc
Burning Brakes

Hey jetdoc..........Did you ever realize that you were born exactly 2 weeks after the Wright brothers first flight? With your occupation though I'm sure this is old news............

I LOVE WARBIRDS!! If someone can tell me what sounds better than a Rolls-Royce Merlin please let me know what it is..........

Unless it's a Rolls-Royce Griffon.........I've never been lucky enough to hear one........

Dan
Well sonny I was born a few moons ago, yes I was, lol. Actually I was trying to see how old it would let you be and I just left it there.

I hear you on the warbirds...I love the sound of those old engines, its music to my ears.

Quick Reply: Looking real hard at a 76.