Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Sportcar in GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Roswell76vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Sportcar in GA

Has anyone bought a car from American Sportscar in GA? Feedback on the experience.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Hiteck
Racer

Pretty good guys. Treated me really well. I was not preasured into anything. Went to look at and finalize purchasing a 68, left with a 74 instead. I got a little excited when I cranked up the big block, so I didn't do much negotiating. I paid a little too much, but that was my fault. I got a very original big block car, so I can't complain. They have a nice facility and are very good to deal with.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Never bought a car from them, but did deal with them many years ago. A friend was looking for a Corvette, so we called them and asked them what they had available. They told us what their inventory was, and they had a car (77 Vette) that sounded interesting. They also told us the asking price for this car, which sounded reasonable.

We told them that we wanted to come look at the car the next Saturday, and that we were four hours away. We agreed to meet them on Saturday (they were open on Saturday) and look at the car.

We arrived on Saturday after driving for 4 hours and 1) they didn't know anything about us coming over 2) the sales person that we talked to wasn't there, 3) they were pretty rude about the whole thing, like we were bothering them, and 4) they raised the price 2 grand. They told us that the salesperson we talked to had gotten the price wrong and they didn't know anything about it.

We left, disgusted with them.

The salesperson we originally talked to called us on Monday and said there had been a mixup and asked if we were still interested in the car. Not no but hell no!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
3charmed
Advanced

Bought a car from them from pictures and it wasn't nearly as good as they described. So buyer be ware....

3charmed
Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
mkflanagan
Melting Slicks

WAY overpriced IMO.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Dragon2U
Racer

Originally Posted by Roswell76vette
Has anyone bought a car from American Sportscar in GA? Feedback on the experience.
Like many other dealers, overpriced for the quality. On the good side they have a ton of cars in two buildings and on the lot, the bad is that you will pay a pretty price for average cars. Most I saw in the 70-80 year range needed paint due to various issues. They look great in the pictures but are a little disappointing when you see in person. They do have nice ones, just not as many as it would seem, or so that was my experience.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that the place near Spaghetti junction? If so, I went shopping there once. They had a decent inventory, but I got the feeling they were 10-20k overpriced.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Roswell76vette
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the feedback. Was considering trading my averge 76 in for something a bit newer. Something that was more comfortable to drive around town.

Good posts, thanks for the info folks.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:36 PM
dholifield
Instructor

Purchased one from them this past summer. Sales guy's name is David Ahn. Was very helpful, sent pictures to me of everything I asked to see, this was after I had visited and drove the car. Was also able to negotiate the price down as well. Don
Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default That sums it up

Originally Posted by mkflanagan
WAY overpriced IMO.

Although from time to time they have some nice stuff up there. If you get a chance to go through that part of Atlanta it is worth a visit. Stop and look around. Vettes of all generations and colors. Like an amusement park for vette lovers.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakers

Although from time to time they have some nice stuff up there. If you get a chance to go through that part of Atlanta it is worth a visit. Stop and look around. Vettes of all generations and colors. Like an amusement park for vette lovers.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Red Velvette
Racer

Originally Posted by cmb13
Is that the place near Spaghetti junction? If so, I went shopping there once. They had a decent inventory, but I got the feeling they were 10-20k overpriced.
I stop by there and look around from time to time because they are next door to The Last Detail, (Corvette parts shop), and the prices usually look 10-25% high IMO.

Many of the cars there are actually on consignment and they have a deal with the owner's to give them a fixed amount and pocket anything above that. Nothing wrong with that in general, but you are obviously paying more than the owner was willing to sell it for.

I always like to buy directly from the owner as you usually get a better history on the car and how it was taken care of, and in GA you do not have to pay sales tax on a Private vehicle purchase.

If you decide to sell you 76 outright let me know as I may know someone in my club that is looking.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Roswell76vette
Heel & Toe

Thanks again to everyone for the info.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
DropTopBigBlock
Pro

I bought a car from them, owned it for 2 1/2 years, and left it there on consignment last year when I was ready to sell it, both of which were extremely negative experiences.

When I bought the car, it literally didn't make it home. When I took it there on consignment, they didn't sell it, and returned it damaged. If you'd like more info, PM, and I'll be happy to share.

My advice? Run.

Last edited by DropTopBigBlock; 01-29-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
68 NJConv 454
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought my 68 big block vert from them. Won't do it again.
They were decent, not sure if they were dishonest or just niaeve.
Got tons of pics e-mailed and heard the car run over the phone. Annoyed the heck out of them until I could get down there. Drove down with pops and brother in my SUV got the car on a lift. Inspected everything I could, took notes. Test drove it. Sat in a room with salesman and dealership owner and went over everything on the car that needed to be replaced to be safe and driveable.
Only good thing about the dealership is the car has to be functional to leave the lot, wipers and headlights have to work, brakes, engine, horn, blinkers and whatnot. I noticed the rotors were cutup bad, caliper was leaking, exhaust rotted out, cracks here and there, wipers still didn't work. They went thru a catalog for Last Detail Corvette and deducted every part I pointed out from the sales price. Maybe dropped $2,500 which wasn't too bad, thru in a new softop and wiper motor.
Trailored the car home and started taking her apart and notice the engine was a jumble-f*&( from truck pistons, rods and cam. Not that the dealership would know it.... or did they.
Anyway, I paid more than I should have, they bought us pizza and my dad, bro and I had a great time bringing the car of my dreams home. Spent every day for the past year making her mine.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Glenn454
Racer

There in buisness to make profits not deals. Buy from private owners and do your home work and you will come out better.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 PM
68 NJConv 454
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn454
There in buisness to make profits not deals. Buy from private owners and do your home work and you will come out better.
I agree, only went to this place b/c they had a good deal on a 68 conv aftermarket 454 and a warrantee. And they won't let the car leave nonfunctional. But of course, some things are only surface deep.
I agree, tons of research and go over that car in person with a fine tooth comb.

Get notified of new replies

To American Sportcar in GA

Old 01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Hiteck
Racer

68 NJCONV 454

I saw your car in the Corvette Trader on their page and on their website. I was planning to trade my C5 on a C3 and had my eye on your car. I got busy at work and put it on the back burner. Looked on the website one day and it was gone. I'm pretty sure it was the same car you have. I remember thinking that I was an idiot for worrying about work so much and not going down to Atlanta to get that car. I did get my 74 big block from them. Just thought that it was neat that the car you own is one that I was standing around at work talking about going to look at.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 PM
bluesilver82
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy stuff from the Last Detail frequently (the parts shop next door) I have talked with the owner of American Sports Car/Atlanta Corvette/ buyavette.net on several occasions, He is a nice guy for the most part but he is a salesman and is a little condescending. I stop and take a peak once every two or three weeks well because its fun. The place is like a little mini corvette museum about 75-100 cars.
They have some nice vettes...hence the word SOME. Most are driver quality, a couple of trailer queens and lot of C4 and C5 Vettes. Most of their C3's are survivor cars and the others have not had the best resto work or repairs done on them and still need some work in my opinion. They do usually have a few C2 vettes that look nice. Price.....most of their cars are way over priced in my opinion. Go visit and look at before buying or making a deposit. Another Place to look is Corvette Country in Fayetteville GA. I do not think they have a website though but I think they are more reasonable when it comes to price.

My 2 cents take it for what it is worth.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:56 PM
c52fast
Advanced

We bought both our vettes a 98 A4 w/32K nice shape $23000 and my Y2K A4 62K for $23 mine has a cam/veraram not sure what version/slp headers slotted rotors/perf pads and some type of exhaust. Both cars are nice but like everyone has said overpriced and they aren't willing to negioate much. Allwell not everyone can afford to buy privately since few companies are willing to finance and most people don't want to work out a payment plan with an individual. For what it's worth the salesman we dealt with Jason Pirkle is a good guy. And some of the guys at the shop have a lot of knowledge, also it's awesome just to walk around in there garage Can't wait to add an x-pipe and highflows to my Y2K and get MTI to tune it for me

Last edited by c52fast; 02-01-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: add more info

Quick Reply: American Sportcar in GA