C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
websparks
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Replacement?

This seems a bit bizarre ... I'm getting static out of the driver's side dash speaker on my 76. The speaker is not hooked into the stereo, having been disconnected some time ago because it seemed to short out all audio output from the stereo. I figured as long as it was hooked to nothing, no big deal - but lately, the static is becoming a real distraction. Seems to be real party going on when it's humid and/or the headlights are on.

The obvious solution seems to be to pull the dash and replace the speakers with new (and hook them into the sound system). How big of project is this? Any way to get those speakers changed out without puilling the dash, which is otherwise in good shape?

Heavily armed with Pilsner Urquell and awaiting advice ...

Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM
70vert
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drivers side is a little harder to get to than the passenger side, but not that hard. Remove all the interior windshield trim, remove the passenger side dash, unscrew the center console and the drivers side dash from the upper dash. The upper dash can now be removed, be carefull, it will come out without binding or breaking.

Quick Reply: Dash Replacement?