C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brute Force U Joints ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the U joints from Van Steel Spicer? The reason I ask is I bought complete halfshafts with U joints installed from them and they came with the u joints on the right in Zwedes picture. The needles in one cracked and fell out and I had to replace the u joint. Van Steel was good to me and sent me one for free no questions asked. I dont drag race or anything just spirited street driving.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:48 PM
I BE a fiero
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love them never had any trouble at all.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

I sell both Brute Force and Spicer. I get more returns on the Spicer joints now than I ever did. Spicer changed their design on the u-joint seals. They are all plastic and when you press a u-joint in you will break the plastic seal most of the time. So i have to return them due to a manufacture defect. If you break that seal, lets just say your inviting dirt to get into your neddle bearings. I think Spicers are good and very strong but I think they need to change back to their old design. Neapco makes an excellent joint as well with the rubber seals and they are also solid joints. If your not drag racing, the Brute Force u-joints are fine. If you are drag racing, well than you should expect things to break. Just my .02
Old 11-15-2004, 09:00 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Van Steel
I sell both Brute Force and Spicer. I get more returns on the Spicer joints now than I ever did. Spicer changed their design on the u-joint seals. They are all plastic and when you press a u-joint in you will break the plastic seal most of the time. So i have to return them due to a manufacture defect. If you break that seal, lets just say your inviting dirt to get into your neddle bearings. I think Spicers are good and very strong but I think they need to change back to their old design. Neapco makes an excellent joint as well with the rubber seals and they are also solid joints. If your not drag racing, the Brute Force u-joints are fine. If you are drag racing, well than you should expect things to break. Just my .02
well hello and thanx for the input...
i passed on 4 of the Neapco's today because i wasnt sure...
do you sell those?
i am getting set to order some goodies from you real soon...
trailing arms...differential etc...
do you offer a Forum discount?
i think i may have spoken with you briefly on the phone today???
we got cut off...DAM CELL PHONES!!!
i need advise along with this purchase if you would be so kind...
for instance, what else will i need? bushings, U Joints etc...???
i also have the Gymia (SP) suspension...what about thos bushings etc?
can you set me up with all that i will be needing...?
(i already have a new spring with all new hardware)
i have a 79...
thanx in advance for any help given
Old 11-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Signguy
I do sell the Neapco u-joint but I have them for the driveshafts. Brute Force u-joints are made by Neapco and they are solid joints. Thats what I sell for the 1/2 shafts along with Spicers. Just spoke to my supplier and he said if you cut it in half they are solid.

We offer free shipping to forum members. I can help you out with anything you need. Just call me up and I'll get you set up.

Dan

Last edited by Van Steel; 11-16-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:46 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zwede
i ran brute force for many years and this is what they would look like after about 2-3 years. i am not bichting about it though since they took alot of abuse in multiple track events each year. i consider them a consumable part and figure that i will have to replace two or three each year.
then again, i go through my driveline each year anyway.

Quick Reply: Brute Force U Joints ???