C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An open message to my Friend Norval

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Norval I feel sorry for you having to put up with a few of the low life dick heads on this forum

I'd just not worry about all these legends of racing engineers and just do your project. You can post for all of that are interested and just not worry about all the arm chair racers.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
robertmc48
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I haven't been around that long, don't post too much and I'm not into mods at all. But Norval has always seemed like a stand up guy and I always read his posts. I've seen pictures of his car and it is outstanding.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Totally agree. I would be sorry to Norval go. He has helped out many people me included. A wealth of knowledge.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:47 PM
dragonracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by norvalwilhelm
Thank you Fevre and everyone else for all the support. Special thanks to Gary for starting this post and taking a chance.
It is time to let it go. I will not be banned and I would miss this forum alot.
My feathers were ruffled and they are starting to settle again.
All the emails and this post did alot towards putting them right.
Lets forget about it and get on with building our vette into viper eaters or anything else that crosses our path.
thnx for staying...btw any1 know how to remove a viper from my 69's gills?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragonracer
thnx for staying...btw any1 know how to remove a viper from my 69's gills?
Not sure on stuck parts but
If you have any stains, try
useing OXY CLEAN on paint, then
some mothers on the gill's, if they
are chrome. GOOD LUCK.

WHO is NORVAL
Old 11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Glad to see your sticking around, don't let a few A holes spoil it for the rest of us
Old 11-01-2004, 07:27 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Megawatt
Instructor

Boy, I'm at a loss on this! I thought I kept up pretty good. Losing Norval? Lose me. Well maybe not as long as TT still posts.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:39 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I missed all the "excitement".

Perhaps several of the 'kind' folk here failed to realize that
Norval was installing this cage to stiffen the frame - not to
provide the utmost in passenger protection. Yes - he was
counting on some added safety - but that was not the main
point.

I thought I was pretty good at fabricating "stuff" ... until I
'met' Norval here.

Then there are other people ... who may owe him an apology.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I think locking that rollcage thread was perfectly legitimate. It was escalating out of control, although a few were still trying to get informational posts in there. The moderators' job is to keep things civil and when they see something exploding, they shut it down. Let's let everything get back to normal again

People say we're losing the old timers, which is true to a point, but I see many names in this thread who are "old timers" to me, or may be becoming the new old timers. Don't lose faith in this forum yet.

-Chris
Old 11-01-2004, 08:45 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Norval,

I don't know if you saw what i posted this morning in the mysteriously disappearing thread.

I appreciate your engineering expertise.

I like to discuss the engineering aspects of modifying our cars. Those who quote NHRA rules and regs, or have no explanation other than "thats how we've always done it" are much less interesting.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Summerfun
Race Director

Guys are guys and guys have testosterone.

Testosterone functions on different levels in different personalities with varying effects metally .......as well as physically.
Just stand in a mall and look at everyone and appreciate the depth of what I just said!

Understand that concept and it becomes easier to agree to disagree. Personalities range over a broad spectrum and clashes will occur when extremes make contact, as the right (wrong) buttons are pushed.

Certain things, no matter how in control of yourself you think you are will make you see ranges of color from yellow to red. Accept that fact and go for a walk when it happens untill your perspective becomes clear again....once the testosterone has waned.

We have a unique sense of sharing of a hobby that stimulates certain neurotransmitters in the same way....hence the shared joy, even though personalities vary.

Yet, the testosterone effect will always be a constant factor in a non constant flow of communication.

Don't let an emotion ruin a hobby that transcends through communication and sharing, for whomever leaves will be the biggest loser from within.

Nature finds her own way of balance and control....
Old 11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
St. Jude Donor '05

I missed the bomb posting myself. I was unaware of the statements and actions leading up to this altercation until Norval emailed me this morning.

I cannot comment on the post as I did not see it. I can however comment on who is the most accommodating person on the C-3 forum and who has went out of their way to help me and numerous others in anyway imaginable.

Norval has consoled me on my hurt feelings and temper flare-ups in the past and always smoothed my feathers out and advised me to forget about it and move on. I'm glad to see him take his own advice, a sure sign of a good man is one that not only gives good advice but seems to live by at as well.

We come here for various reasons. Some for entertainment and some for a drink of knowledge from the well. It seems we all can be served with either and as much as we can carry in our buckets from the bountiful stream that flows here.

Those who come here to stir the water and make it muddy for the rest. Well, I can't see how you receive enjoyment from doing so. We know who we are don't we?

It seems there have been many of the old gang that has left us over the years, weather it be from change of interest or a ruffled feather. I still miss 67 Heaven and wish he would return some day. He too has a vast wealth of knowledge of our C-3s. There are many more I could list that have gone as well for the latter reason.

I wonder if a split in the C-3 to Tech and Discussion wouldn't help things keep from getting to this state?

I have always enjoyed this forum, let's try to keep it enjoyable, OK?

Jim aka PROSOUTH
Old 11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

I think I said it pretty well a long time ago when the troll that is DEP showed up. If you have no constructive input (and to this date I think he has had little if ANY) then stay out, go stir the pot somewhere else. Find another group to give you attention (DEP).

I hope you stick around Norval, I always like seeing your informative posts.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm always the last one at the party. A day late and a dollar short too.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:12 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by LiveandLetDrive
I think locking that rollcage thread was perfectly legitimate. It was escalating out of control, although a few were still trying to get informational posts in there. The moderators' job is to keep things civil and when they see something exploding, they shut it down. Let's let everything get back to normal again

People say we're losing the old timers, which is true to a point, but I see many names in this thread who are "old timers" to me, or may be becoming the new old timers. Don't lose faith in this forum yet.

-Chris
Hi Chris,
I never saw any of the other threads with Norval, other than the one about the bolt-in roll bar. I guess Norval has been elevated to the "unquestionable/untouchable" level on the forum. Evidently the forum has gotten to the point of worshipping certain people and listening to their word without question or disbelief. That is one of the many reasons so many of the regulars have left. It used to be lively discussions were enjoyed and much was learned and gained in the process. Now, friends of certain people take up their defense against non-existent "attacks". Everyone's sensitivity level is so heightened that NOTHING is questioned and EVERYTHING is taken as the ultimate truth. This is especially true when people with lots of "stars" next to their name make a post. It's very easy to mistake questioning of the resonableness of making a certain modification or installation as being "an aggressive attack", even if the question has validity. And if the person being questioned gets defensive in his response, then out come his "attack dogs" to pounce on the "bad guys". And heaven forbid the person questioning the validity of the mod backs his beliefs up with proof of real-life intallations.

As to the moderators...the mods are the final word and that's that. You can disagree with what they do, but they ARE the bosses. If people accept that, then they'll do much better on this forum.

Dep

Last edited by DJ Dep; 11-01-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:21 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
St. Jude Donor '05

Get notified of new replies

To An open message to my Friend Norval

Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PROSOUTH
I still miss 67 Heaven and wish he would return some day.
I'm not really that far away. Hell, I live relatively close to Norval.

www.67HEAVEN.com
Old 11-01-2004, 09:30 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by PROSOUTH
Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Hey Bob....are you going to bring the Vette when you come get the baffles?

Quick Reply: An open message to my Friend Norval