C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

36th Annual Car Show San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 36th Annual Car Show San Antonio

The 36th Annual Car Show is loading into the convention center today. So far I have seen a bright yellow C-6 as well as a sort of copper/dark gold C-6. Somethings don't change with Vettes. The yellow Vette was getting a jump from some chevy compact wagon this morning, I had to laugh. I also noticed that the Texas Corvette Association is providing some exhibit space this year. There was a red C-5 vert with the license plate that read "Radar B8" parked in the TCA booth as well as a C-4 and a really well kept silver C-2. Not a C-3 to be seen....unless you pop open the fire exit and then you will see my C-3 out there. The chevy booth is alos sporting a white Monte Carlo SS from about '83 or so, still sporting the window sticker, as well as a '54 sedan parked behind it. Both are in primo condition. Next to the TCA booth is a slot car booth and then there is another booth sporting apurple street rod of some sort and a realy nice White mustand fastback with two blue racing stripes going over the car.

This is the biggest car show to hit here, as they are using all the exhibit space this year unlike previous years where they only use about half. For those interested in coming down, the doors open Thursday at 2:00 pm and close at 10:00 pm. The show runs through Sunday until 7:00 pm. Friday and Saturday the show is from 12:00-10:00 pm.

Anyway, there is a little preview of what is down here for those interested. Looks to be a good show. If nothing else, there are always really hot women flaunting cars.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:15 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

As you've noticed, C3ers aren't exactly "joiners." You can probably count the number of C3 owners in BOTH local clubs on your fingers...and not have to pull your socks off to count your toes, too!
Old 09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by page62
As you've noticed, C3ers aren't exactly "joiners." ...
We do tend to epitomize the term “maverick” in these here parts.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Crash80
Drifting

It hit me as I was walking around checking out the cars....wow, not a C-3 to be seen anywhere inside the building. The C-2 is a Silver 65. The latest update though is for the Ford crowd. The GT40 is down here and all I can say is "Oh Mama!" That is one sweet looking ride. I got to look it over a little before it went on the rotating "turkey platter," and it is way sharp. The new mustang is here as well and it looks pretty sharp too. It was already up on its' display, so I couldn't check it out very well. It is a good looking car. The one here is sort of a blue-ish silver. Page, there is a little Mercedes vert down here with a rather unusual front end on it that might interest you. It looks really slick. I will try and get the model info. for you. I wqish I had my digi camera with me, I would post some pics.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:55 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Screw that! Take pics of the models and post 'em up. But then, you probably buy Playboy for the articles.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Crash80
Drifting

There ain't no models to take pictures of yet as the show isn't open. Thursday is when the "booth babes" will roll in all dolled up and talking cars. I just stumbled across another interesting car. It is a 1965 through 1968, (not sure of exact year) Shebly GT 500E, built by a company called Unique. Here is the link:

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/performance.aspx

The Shelby here looks just like the grey one pictured. It is a looker.

Alright enough of my ramblin'.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:42 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott - Unique Performance is the company building the "Eleanor" replicas from "Gone in 60 Seconds." They are indeed sweet rides, and you can get your own copy starting at around $80K.

They asked me to bring The Blue Slug, but alas, she's not yet complete. However, she's getting closer. This weekend, all four wheels will be back on the ground!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Jeff, that is sort of right. Unique builds these cars from "rescued" Rustangs. So, they are Mustangs. They are semi-replicas I would say. I have to admit that it is one of the prettier sets of wheels down there. Too bad the slug isn't ready. The only C-3 you will see down there is mine, parked outside the fire escape doors of Exhall C, under the parking garage. The GT40 is awesome too. There is a black Viper but it doesn't hold a candle to the GT40.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:58 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know they're real Mustangs, but they're replicas of the car in the movie. I hate to say it, but that is one Ford I'd be glad to have in my garage. Actually, that's about the only Ford I'd put there.

But - while we're on the topic of replica muscle cars, did anybody see the article in Hot Rod about the new-in-the-crate '69 Camaro Convertibles? I think I found my next project!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Ouch! I just went by the Unique refurbed Rustang and there is a price tag on the window for $203,000. Sure could buy a lot of Vette parts for that sort of dough! It is a sweet Ford but I am not sure that it is $203,000 sweet.

Get notified of new replies

To 36th Annual Car Show San Antonio

Quick Reply: 36th Annual Car Show San Antonio