C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It happened in Carlisle.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Jons79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default It happened in Carlisle.....

Had a great time at Carlisle last weekend (as always) but I got the vette out today for the first trip since last Saturday and found that someone had obviously hit my front end. I washed the car last Friday night before leaving for Carlisle on Saturday and that is the only place the car has been out of my garage.....UNBELIEVABLE!! It made a mark on the nose enough to scrape away some paint and spider web the front end a little bit. After 25 years and 3 owners my '79 has remained hit free and to have someone at a CORVETTE SHOW run into me, it has me miffed to say the least. I EVEN PARKED ON THE SHOWFIELD!!! I still love Carlise, but can't help but be a bit disapointed.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:53 AM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jons79
Had a great time at Carlisle last weekend (as always) but I got the vette out today for the first trip since last Saturday and found that someone had obviously hit my front end. I washed the car last Friday night before leaving for Carlisle on Saturday and that is the only place the car has been out of my garage.....UNBELIEVABLE!! It made a mark on the nose enough to scrape away some paint and spider web the front end a little bit. After 25 years and 3 owners my '79 has remained hit free and to have someone at a CORVETTE SHOW run into me, it has me miffed to say the least. I EVEN PARKED ON THE SHOWFIELD!!! I still love Carlise, but can't help but be a bit disapointed.
I know exactly how you feel. There are losers like that everywhere. Even if you attended a Concours de Elegance, there'd be some dipsheet with a "Budweiser" belt buckle, leaning over the fender of your $2.5m Ferrari GTO. I learned long ago...you just can't escape inconsiderate, careless a-holes.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 09-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Racer16k
Pro

Yup, I stopped worrying about perfect paint many years ago. It just isn't worth the stress and effort that's associated with it. A lot of people just don't get it, and what's more is they just don't care to. You probably got backed into by Bubba in his Corvette. Hang in there, atleast it can be repaired.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Jack71
Drifting

Carlisle always has a mixed bag of people. This year the heat kept them pretty dormant.

Last year a guy took a mid-year for a test drive along that back strip and opened it up over the hill, caught air at the top, and landed like Starsky & Hutch. It was a cherry car too.

Be glad you weren't that owner!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Jons79
Instructor

I agree....it just isn't worth the hassle to be worried all the time about perfect paint, etc. I just try to be considerate, mindful and respectful of others cars and I sort of expect the same from others. Sooooo...at least this gives me the opportunity to get her repainted. Thinking about staying silver, but maybe some rally stripes or something to personalize the car to me. Something that a future owner will be able to undo if he/she would like. Anyone have their car repainted recently and what approx cost?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

We've never driven our Vettes to Carlisle... always take the daily driver.

At almost all car events; people generally stay at their cars and talk to passers-by . But at Carlisle there's so much to see that many just park it in the morning, only to come back to it when leaving for the day.
Because of that; I just leave the Vettes at home.

Get notified of new replies

To It happened in Carlisle.....

Quick Reply: It happened in Carlisle.....