C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front sway bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM
superfine69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front sway bar questions

Just pulled the front sway bar on my vette, it was bent beyond recognition. First question...Three of the four bolts holding the sway bar broke (heads twisted off) while I was removing them.. what to do??? Secondly, I am planning on buying the sway bar kit from ecklers, does anyone have any other source that they prefer??
Old 08-21-2004, 04:27 PM
shoptek
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Please check out Van Steel here in Fla.
They are a supporting vendor, and offer A+++ service.

http://www.vansteel.com/
Old 08-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Don&Kelly
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced both my front & rear sway bars on my '81 (boy, what a difference ) - it didn't even have a rear one.

I called Bobby - Parts manager - Guldstrand Motorsports - Phone: 818-558-1499 - They have parts or full replacements or kits for the rear if you don't have a rear sway bar.

Dick Guldstrand has been a famous corvette racer forever and his corvette business has been in business for 30 + years .. they really know thier stuff and are very friendly.

Their website is :

http://www.guldstrand.com/

Hope this helps

Old 08-21-2004, 05:14 PM
noskillz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the bolts stuck in the frame? If so, just use vicegrips to get them out. I actually had to use some heat as well. As far as the parts like bolts and rubber - you can get those from any Chevy dealer. The bolts I got at Lowes from the automotive fastener tray (you wouldn't thinks o but they have lots of auto fasteners) For the sway bar itself, unless you have modified other parts of you suspension stick to a stock sway bar. Everyone carries them. Might as well look at a used one. Other than bending, they don't really wear out.

Get notified of new replies

To Front sway bar questions

Quick Reply: Front sway bar questions