C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dead wipers!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 08:34 PM
olelucky
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default dead wipers!!

i have a 72 coupe. i can't get the wipers to work. the door opens, but the arms don't move. are they postive or negative ground? is there a common problem area to check for. is there a better way to check the motor while its still mounted? thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Default Re: dead wipers!! (olelucky)

Is the switch under the steering column turned to the off position? The wipers on 68-72 Corvettes will not stop on the windshield after the key is turned off. They will always go back down. GM put a stop switch under the column to stop the wipers on the windshield for removal of the blades.

If this switch is in the stop position the wipers will not turn on with the wiper switch in the center of the dash.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
78 Vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: dead wipers!! (Corvette ED)

Turn theme on and try moving the connector on the motor my vette has this problem once they start they work until I shut theme off. Than I have to wiggle the connector again. :banghead: Just not enough time to fix theme.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:47 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Re: dead wipers!! (olelucky)

Make sure that the limit switch on the wiper door is making contact. The wipers won't work if that switch isn't made. Also agree with the post on the switch under the steering wheel, make sure that's on too. Not sure if the '72 had these overrides but my '70 does.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:43 PM
SCCACFC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: dead wipers!! (RMVette)

:iagree:
Most of the problems with the wipers on the bumper cars that i've seen is in the limit switch, its on the right side, with the cowl up the circut will close.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: dead wipers!! (Corvette ED)

Is the switch under the steering column turned to the off position? The wipers on 68-72 Corvettes will not stop on the windshield after the key is turned off. They will always go back down. GM put a stop switch under the column to stop the wipers on the windshield for removal of the blades.

If this switch is in the stop position the wipers will not turn on with the wiper switch in the center of the dash.
:iagree: Check the **** in the center of the vacuum overrides under the steering column.

Get notified of new replies

To dead wipers!!

Quick Reply: dead wipers!!