C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right?

hes already got a C4 and as going to drop 6 or 7 grand into that ( as in a crate motor) Yet, as nice as the C4 vette is (gotta love that tight suspension) he starting to lean very very very heavily towards a C3. hes familiar with vettes but doesnt use those C designations.....yet! he's seen my 77 ( still having problems with my carb/hesitation) and has pretty much made up his mind that he wants a ..."70's body style with the big wheel humps." He saw a 76 stingray somewhere near the kaneohe marine base yesterday ( like me stationed in Hawaii) and he wants that one.
heres the deal...I told him all of the ...70's vettes will except a big block with only a change of springs and engine accessories. This is true right??? This fact seems to have sold him.
Although the guy selling the 76 wants something like $10 grand or so. The car has 130,000 original miles but is emaculate. I told him that was too much for a 76 by about three grand but you never know. He wnats to drop a 427 into the 76. i told him Ron's performance near the honolulu airport has a 454 for sale but the c3 should except even the GM 502 big block. My question is what all will he need to do should he...and he will, i know this guy...take on this project. I told him dropping a big block into a c3 was expensive but very very very doable. What else will he need?
Old 11-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right? (sharkthehunter77)

What the hell is a Bog Block? :jester
Yes, a Big Block will fit.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right? (sharkthehunter77)

There should be no problems other than the cost with putting a big block into a C3. Big block parts are expensive!!! I play to eventually do it to my 71, but getting the money has been the hardest part.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right? (Sigforty)

:withstupid: I agree with everything the others stated above.

It will fit. :yesnod:
Old 11-26-2003, 05:15 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right? (Corey 68)

suspension, pulleys bigger rad...etc....anyone else?
Old 11-26-2003, 06:57 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shark
Maurice's 69 427/4spd might be ready for sale soon. It would be way cheaper to buy a big block Vette than to buy all of the little things to fit it into a small block Vette. Talk to Maurice.

.....( still having problems with my carb/hesitation)
Check your carb's accelerator pump. Very common for the pump rubber to tear or wear causing hardly any extra shot of gas to shoot into the primary venturis when you goose the throttle. If you are getting the hesitation as soon as come off idle, it is probably that. Take a look at the primaries with the engine off. Goose the throttle. There should be a strong stream of gas going to each primary venturi. If there isn't, that accelerator pump is your problem.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:56 AM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told him dropping a big block into a c3 was expensive but very very very doable. What else will he need?
HE NEEDS TO BUY MY CAR!!! An original 69 BB 427 car with a 68 vette engine in it for way less than what he is going to spend on this other one. Give me a call, I will IM you my number.

[Modified by Maurice, 7:57 PM 11/26/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right?

Quick Reply: Told a friend he could put a bog block in any C3, this is true right?