C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:40 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,894 Likes on 923 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend!

Ok....we're on again!

Dec 6th.....11am...Hallsville, TX.

I know we were pretty close on getting some "real" Vette's out there last time, so here's another chance!

They're starting earlier at 11am, so it won't be such a late night.

So what do you say? Let's get some cool fast cars out there to show what we can do! I know there are some fast ones around here..time to play!

Wouldn't you just love to see a 327 midyear spank a Z06?? Or some good 'ole fashioned sloppy cubic inches play with them new fangled laptop controlled whiz bang remote control C-5's??? Or a sneaky C-3 with an LS1 up underneath? Or a C-1 with a 6-71 Blower? Wouldn't it be cool??? How 'bout a 12 sec 283/270 car? I know they're out there.

Not sure we can beat any of them...but it sure would be fun to add a little spice to the party wouldn't it?

Let's get to work, we only have a couple of weeks!

JIM

Old 11-18-2003, 09:56 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (427Hotrod)

is it on a sunday or saturday???? i don't have a calender...i suck :leaving:
Old 11-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Bearcat
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (munday)

I have a friend with a 12.2 second (at 4400 feet ASL) 406-powered '68 Vert with 3.70 gears and nitrous, which gets it deep into the 11's when he sprays. Unfortunately, he needs to go through his engine, and I don't know his timetable for that. Probably going to be a winter project.

He's in El Paso and is a Professor at the U. there. In case anyone's seen him at the dragstrip. I've been in that car and there's likely NO modern Vette that'll keep up with him. Too bad about his engine though. Maybe if you do it again next year.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:10 AM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (munday)

you know you can get a calendar up by double clicking the clock. ;)
(assuming you are using windows, note click cancel after so you dont change your system date)
Old 11-22-2003, 10:35 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (ZiVvmO)

TTT
Old 11-23-2003, 09:01 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

:jester :jester :jester :jester :jester
Old 11-23-2003, 09:05 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (427Hotrod)

If not for the distance, I would come....just as well, will all the heavy iron, I'd be left in a cloud of dust.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Jasonty
Pro

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (GDaina)

Ouch, Hallsville is kinda far for me to drive. I think I'm gonna sit this one out, but you kids have fun. :cheers:
Old 11-23-2003, 10:24 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (Jasonty)

C'mon...how far is it really? It's about 250 miles for me.

The winners of the last event came from Midland I believe. And I'm sure they are coming back!

It's nice weekend cruise!

They don't think theres any other Vette's besides C-5's that are fast. WE know better!!

JIM
Old 11-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

Jim,

If things turn out right and I get the new rear monospring, shocks, chambered exhaust & LARs carb installed I'll take the ride up there. Everything shipped Thursday, so I am hoping they show up before Thanksgiving. The 4 day weekend should give me ample time to do it. I'm not sure if I will race if I go, but with it starting early it will make for some great pics. I'll let you know how things progress next weekend.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:48 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (71-LS5)

Now we're talking!! At least you can show up and look good!

But you know you really want to make a few passes to shoot for the 13's right?

You need some 3.70 gears to install while you have that spring off?

Need a cam?

Need some help?

Uh..oh we just moved you into the 12's!

As I said before, I'll have trailer, and as long as mine is still in one piece, you're welcome to ride home on my trailer if something happens. I'll drive mine home.

Glad to see you're going to give it a try. With the weather we're having, it should be a great day to race if it holds out!

JIM

PS- Invite your neighbor...looks like in the picture he has a three car trailer we can all ride home on!

[Modified by 427Hotrod, 2:50 PM 11/24/2003]
Old 11-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

Jim,

You are comical. I think I'll keep this vette as original as possible just in case I decide to sell it down the road. Louder is better though, so the chambered exhaust seemed like something to do. The old exhaust needed to go anyway. Everything showed up from VBP and Allen's today, so it's just a matter of getting off my butt and make the changes this weekend. Plans are to clean up the surface rust, apply a rust preventative & seal most of the exposed frame, so depending how involved that gets will determine if this drags on. I'm going to get under the vette once and only once.

And yes... if I do go as far as Hallsville I will probably sign up to race whether I do or not. I'd like to see what the LAR's carb and chambered exhaust does.

Barry
(By the way... the pic in my signature was when the vette arrived out of Ohio. That's the transport group who shipped it you see in the background. I have to assume that Hallsville will have a track photographer that we can get some pics leaving the starting line, so I'll update then)
Old 11-25-2003, 07:32 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend! (71-LS5)

Aww...c'mon......I'm not talking about anything that can't unbolt just as easily as stainless exhaust or a fiberglass spring! :)

It's all just bolt turning!

I have a 3.70 diff assy complete (actually coded for a 427 midyear) and we could use an LS-6 cam? It's still GM!

Just poking fun at you....great to hear you're thinking about making a few passes. That as it should be! Vette's need to be exercised regularly. All these show babies get lazy after a while! Kind of like horses....they don't want to get out of the barn!

See ya,

JIM

:party:

Get notified of new replies

To Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend!

Quick Reply: Fastest Street Vette in Tx is on again. We need some "Real Vette's" to attend!