C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request to ALL C3 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 05:14 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request to ALL C3 owners!

Disregard.

[Modified by C3 Shark Tank, 11:55 PM 10/30/2003]
Old 10-28-2003, 08:30 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (C3 Shark Tank)

I posted a link to your thread at the german corvetteforum!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:47 PM
DGT76
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

:cool:
Old 10-28-2003, 08:55 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (GrandSportC3)

I posted a link to your thread at the german corvetteforum!!!
Thanks Olivier! :thumbs:

If anyone is a member of any other C3 related forum, no matter the country feel free to let them know they are welcome to send in video as well. I posted on the Australian NSW forum.

If any Florida C3 members between Tampa and Ft. Meyers want to get together for a video day I'm all for it. I only have one video camera though.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (DGT76)

Sounds like a very good plan! :cool:
Old 10-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Titanium Rat
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (Chris@VetteFinders)

I was shooting a video for you and got busted and taken to jail,,,,,(remember this was all for you),,,,yup i was out there driving fast,ALL FOR YOU,,,,,,just for the video. damn trooper got me,,,,,,(good thing i have a good radar detector and had a chance to slow down or he would have really nailed me) want to help me pay for my ticket :blueangel: did i mention this was done all for your video. JK :lol: :lol: :lol: i got this a good while ago, still have to go to court.

BTW The judge told me i could serve 120 days for this worse case :sad:

Old 10-28-2003, 10:46 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

You can use all or part of my short clip of the new engine with open headers:
http://www.carsonevans.com/vette/travis/InParkingLot.avi
Old 10-29-2003, 04:50 AM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (Titanium Rat)

I was shooting a video for you and got busted and taken to jail,,,,,(remember this was all for you),,,,yup i was out there driving fast,ALL FOR YOU,,,,,,just for the video. damn trooper got me,,,,,,(good thing i have a good radar detector and had a chance to slow down or he would have really nailed me) want to help me pay for my ticket :blueangel: did i mention this was done all for your video. JK :lol: :lol: :lol: i got this a good while ago, still have to go to court.

BTW The judge told me i could serve 120 days for this worse case :sad:

101 in a 55 :lol: that should make for a good video :rofl: i'd shoot a video for you, but my 81 is done cleaned up, insurance dropped, and put up for the winter :crazy: i guess you don't want a video of an 86...right? :jester
Old 10-29-2003, 07:16 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (corvettemaster)

Rat- Sorry about that, the check is in the mail and I'll talk to the judge for you :jester I would like to see video of that run, I just got a video the other day of a C2 doing 110 at night :eek: and on my site I have a C3 doing 140 :D

Travis- Nice :cool: The problem is that I can't use all the small clips that are posted around because of all the different types, that and they have been compressed too much and when I try to convert them back into digital format I loose the sound, and the .WMV files I can't do anything with in my editing program.

corvettemaster- If there's a good response to this one i'll make more and all the guys who had to put their cars up for the winter can send in some videos. Thanks for the offer on the 86 but i'm sticking to all C3's for this one. Maybe in the future i'll do one with combined years.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

ttt for Scott!!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 770 Likes on 537 Posts

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (GrandSportC3)

I was just in Best Buy and this is what they have to extract analog video onto your computer: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEdit...24&Langue_ID=7

I almost bought it because I want to convert all my old VCR tapes onto DVD.
I also want to take video off my Hi8 camera. You may want to look into it to open us up that are not in the Digital Video World yet. :D
Old 10-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 233 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

You still have some of my videos on your site. Feel free to use them. The vette run was about the best video I have done. I had my buddy sit shotgun with the camera for it. I plan on getting some more videos when I have my car back. I just hope I can get some new footage before you make the DVD if not oh well I still got the old stuff.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:53 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (theandies)

John- Actually I thought of trying the Dazzle, but have also looked at the ADS Pyro A/V Link and the Pinnacle Studio MovieBox DV or something similar. I need something with Firewire (1394) connectors as well it has to be MAC compatible. With that problem solved I could import VHS tapes, but Hi8 and VHS-C I would need to find a camera that used those tapes...and can't afford to buy 2 more cameras. I probably will buy one of the boxes because I know not everyone has digital yet....but they better get it :jester

Mark- the short clips can't be used, they don't convert back into digital very well, and usually end up with no sound. I guess I could start collecting VHS tapes for now.

[Modified by C3 Shark Tank, 11:56 PM 10/30/2003]
Old 10-30-2003, 07:00 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 770 Likes on 537 Posts

John- Actually I thought of trying the Dazzle, but have also looked at the ADS Pyro A/V Link and the Pinnacle Studio MovieBox DV or something similar. I need something with Firewire (1394) connectors as well it has to be MAC compatible. With that problem solved I could import VHS tapes, but Hi8 and VHS-C I would need to find a camera that used those tapes...and can't afford to buy 2 more cameras. I probably will buy one of the boxes because I know not everyone has digital yet....but they better get it :jester
Scott
I can put any video on VHS from Hi8 if necessary. I'd love to be included in this DVD so let me know if you get anything to covert analog to digital. I may just go and pickup Dazzle but then I'll have to get a DVD burner also. I do have a CD burner but I would want to put my old home movies on DVD to give to the family. This, for me, would be one on those "while you're in there" projects............similar to what I do on the Vette. Get Dazzle...oopps, I don't have a DVD burner..............get DVD burner.......oopps, I don't have any blank DVD's.........get blank DVD's etc. etc. etc.

:lol:
Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 AM
RHD '68 L89
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shark tank,
I have a Sony PD150 and it can have an analog source playing in to the RCAs and pump it out the firewire. Read your manual, you may also be able to do this with your camera. This will let you load VHS or any other analog format you can get a player for.
:cheers:
James
Old 10-30-2003, 07:17 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (theandies)

This, for me, would be one on those "while you're in there" projects............similar to what I do on the Vette. Get Dazzle...oopps, I don't have a DVD burner..............get DVD burner.......oopps, I don't have any blank DVD's.........get blank DVD's etc. etc. etc.

:lol:
John- That's how all this got started, I know the feeling well, and 3K worth of computer stuff later.... I'll send you an IM shortly about the video.

James- already tried it, so far it hasn't worked. Then again my VCR still flashes 12:00 :jester :lol:
Old 10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I have a couple of vids of my car at the strip.. I'm trying to teach myself how to use windows movie maker to make it nicer and add some audio to it

I'll let you know :thumbs:
Old 10-30-2003, 11:31 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Request to ALL C3 owners! (Corz)

I think I speak for alot of people in sayng that I would cough up money for that video. It would be as much fun as a gift from Santa :jester

Brent...
Old 10-30-2003, 11:37 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Contact Troy before selling anything on the forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Request to ALL C3 owners!

Quick Reply: Request to ALL C3 owners!