C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The police pulled me over, for this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 05:23 PM
dudeskie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The police pulled me over, for this?

I was driving around last night and all of a sudden a blue and white is in my rear veiw mirror lights flashing. I pull over not expecting anything because I was goign the speed limit. The police man gets and and asks me if I knew why he pulled me over. It turns out that the reason he pulled me over was because my car was to loud. To loud? I agree it is louder than normal, but it isn't nearly as loud as the semi trailers and Harley's that go through town. He let me off with a warning and a request to have my exhuast fixed or muffler replaced. I might get my car a little bit quieter. Yeah sure, that is what I will do...
Old 08-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Crickett
Racer

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (dudeskie)

WTF!! :skep: That's a stupid reason to get pulled over. He probably just wanted to look at your car. :thumbs: :lolg:
Old 08-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And what equipment was used to determine this? Other than his inflated opinion of himself.

Did he provide a decibel reading for you to conform to?
Old 08-30-2003, 05:38 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (Steve Straus)

I notice your location near the Ohio border, bet the pull was in Ohio......

GENE
Old 08-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Maybe he was a little over zealous. Maybe he got picked on as a kid. Now he has a badge and wants to kick some azz. They are trained that a loud exhaust is a ligitamat reason to pull you over. Many times they wind up busting people for far worse that the reason they were pulled over.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:53 PM
L-82kid
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (Jvette73)

What kind of mufflers are you running? I just brought 40 series "original flow" Flowmasters and I wonder how loud my car is going to be. The cops pull the ricers over around here for having loud fart can mufflers. I hope they don't bug me about my exhaust especially since I'm a kid.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (Steve Straus)

Did he provide a decibel reading for you to conform to?
Probably not, which is why the warning.

What is it with the lack of respect for law enforcement on this Forum? Seems like a vette gets pulled over and the officer is an a**.

Many states, towns, etc have laws regarding noise levels from cars. By me they are aimed at stereos. Generall operating rule for the police: if they can here it while inside a patrol car with the windows rolled up, it's too loud. Why the law? Too hard to hear emergency vehicles approaching. Not saying I agree or not, just curious why law enforcement gets dumped on for doing their job.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (L-82kid)

Seriously, dont worry about the exhaust too much. They may pull you over for it, but they're really lookin for chance to bust you for somethin else.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:23 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've got pulled over for that too. i just got a warning also. that was months ago, and i still haven't done nothin to make my car less....noisy :lol:
Old 08-30-2003, 06:57 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (Robert N)

What is it with the lack of respect for law enforcement on this Forum? Seems like a vette gets pulled over and the officer is an a**.

. Not saying I agree or not, just curious why law enforcement gets dumped on for doing their job.
Generally speaking, police do it to themselves. When I lived in Vegas, I got pulled over by the same dude 3 times in 2 months. First, my window were too dark, then my truck was too low and then my stereo was too loud. I had 6"X9"'s. The guy was just being a jerk. Finally, I went and talked to his boss, only to find that he had been into trouble before because he was harassing people. I never saw him again. Almost every cop I've met has been a jerk.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:24 PM
stingray_76
Racer

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (Robert N)

:iagree:
Old 08-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (79VetteMike)

I raised plenty of hel in this town before. Ive had my run ins. Overall the cops have been decent to me. I cant complain. They're just doin thier job.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:43 PM
heatison
Intermediate

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (L-82kid)

:grouphug: man......hate to hear about someone getting pulled over just joyfully goin' down the road mindin' their own biz :cuss

no offense to the 'peace-keepers'/// but wtf.........Recently, on a Saturday..I spent 4 hours washin', waxin' and lovin' on my vette, then i was ready to cruise around. couldn't find a kid around to go with me, so just me. I had the top off & tunes cranked.... just factory Bose speakers.......no 'system' like the ricers at every red light have that makes your ear drums ring.........a lady cop pulls me over.......i'm shocked!!! "I know i wasn't speeding, ma'mm " i say.....she and a 'trainee' had heard my tunes :rolleyes: duh, I was trying to attract attention :cool: Anyway, the funny part is she got a real incident that needed her attention and just told me, " you were gonna get a ticket......." :eek: "I was ??????? But, I'm NOT ??????? :steering: :steering: :steering: seeeeeeeee ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolg: :lolg:
Old 08-30-2003, 08:58 PM
dudeskie
Instructor

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (heatison)

Iwas running a pair of Flowmaster 40 series. There seriously aren't that loud. I believe it was just at night and the guy didn't have anything else to do. I even got two police cars to arrive after he pulled me over. I guess he needed backup to make sure I wasn't goign to cause trouble. Though i do love the police and the job that they do, sometimes they really concentrate on things that are not what the main focus of there job. "Serve and Protect." i guess he was protecting other's ears form teh defening roar of my engine :troll
Old 08-30-2003, 09:04 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Was it in Ohio or Tennessee???

GENE
Old 08-30-2003, 09:15 PM
dudeskie
Instructor

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (mrvette)

It was in Ohio. Wooster, Ohio
Old 08-30-2003, 09:21 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

I figgered as much, I did't want to shoot my mouth off, but Tenn is a reasonable state, and Ohio LEO work is overzealous at best....never have driven a state so outta controll, makes most others look mild....

it's no wonder the slowest cars on the road are from Ohio and Indiana....

it's a known fact....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To The police pulled me over, for this?

Old 08-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Re: The police pulled me over, for this? (mrvette)

What is it with the lack of respect for law enforcement on this Forum?
there is no lack of respect for good police on this forum. Very few will report encounters with good officers. So you mostly see reports of police that are Ego-LEO's.

There are good and bad in every profession. Why is it a sin to point out a bad policeman?

[Modified by Mike Mercury, 8:10 PM 9/3/2003]
Old 08-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Ohio is the pits for hasseling drivers. I have a cousin that lives in Ohio, he has been there for nearly 30 years, he still carries a Texas driver's license. He uses his parent's address in Houston. He told me it has saved him from several tickets in Ohio.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:17 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We can partially thank Hollywood for unwarranted traffic stops like this one. It just reeks of the typical backlash from lame movies such as FnF, Biker Boyz, etc. :rolleyes:
As we speak, there's probably some some jack boot wearing lawmaker working on a way to have cars confiscated and sold for heinous crimes such as loud exhaust. They can get pretty creative when it comes to the sport of generating INCREASED REVENUE! :skep:

Quick Reply: The police pulled me over, for this?