C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ever happened to Juliette???????

Old 07-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default What ever happened to Juliette???????

Did she just decide that since she bought a C4 she's done in the C3 section, or is she gone from the forum or what?????? Seems strange that somebody so involved in NCRS type ownership would just disappear??????? And since we're talking about people who just came non existant over the years, what's the story with Ryan Adams????? Did he give up and hand it over to troy or what?????

-Justin
Old 07-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Dalannex)

Ryan still posts quite a bit in OT...

As for Juliette, didn't she just go to the 50th cruise? Plus I thought the last couple of weeks, there were some NCRS shows that she was going to. Last I saw her post was in the FCR section...

:seeya
Old 07-07-2003, 06:46 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Desertdawg)

I think I read a while ago in FCR (before it's demise) she was attempting to certify or qualify as an NCRS judge or official. She still has the 1970 registry going.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (1970 Stingray)

Juliet(correct spelling :D )is just a very busy individual with her work and family-she may have put her Corvettes on the back burner for now. She's probably doing a bit of boating too. I'm sure she is going to be at Corvettes@Carlisle. She is also supposed to be at NCRS Hershey Nationals, if she can get the time to do it.

She probably busy trying to work the "bugs" out of that C4 :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

This is why C4 owners don't wave alot. They have one hand on the steering wheel and the other hitting the dash trying to make it work :lolg:
Old 07-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Paul Borowski)

This is why C4 owners don't wave alot. They have one hand on the steering wheel and the other hitting the dash trying to make it work :lolg:
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

Did Greg ever get done with "Project no points"????
Old 07-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliet??????? (Paul Borowski)

Hey guys, I'm still around. You can't get rid of me that easily. :jester

For a change both cars are up & running & I'm not buried in any vette projects. :smash: Greg helped me redo the front suspension on the C3 a few weeks before the National Caravan. He fabbed up a Kent-Moore front spring compressor knockoff to get the @#$&*(#@^$ springs back into the beast. I disassembled the AC system & sent the components off for restoration, and had Tony's Corvette shop get the AC functional. :D It worked great! WHat a luxury - really COLD ac in a roadster. :D

As for the C4 - He's been holding up pretty well too. Put new shoes on the baby a few weeks ago. Got the ciggy lighter working for MP3 player juice. Got the ciggy lighter working again, with the windows working too. :p: Then got the ciggy lighter to not blow fuses, with the windows working. Then got the ciggy lighter to not blow fuses, windows and gear indicator to all function at the same time. :banghead: :smash: (Beware, blonde at work). :hat Didn't blow myself or fry any other electronics in the process either. :rofl: I can disassemble the C4 center console PDQ now though. ;)

We went on the caravan to Nashville / BG and had a blast. Now I'm playing catchup with the rest of life, summer time, boating season, kid activities, family vaction, visitors etc.... :cool: Not sure about NCRS Nats - I didn't pre-register on account of a scheduled helicopter flight test that week - which of course slipped by a week. So I may buzz up for a day or two. NCCC nats are the month after and I'm getting low on vacation days. :D

A few minor nits though - NCRS doesn't 'certify' judges. You either are or aren't a judge. You get your judging card & pin after you hit a certain number of points (I forget the threshold). If you want to judge, you start out by signing up to observer judge. Then you submit your applications to meets indicating your desire to judge. The judging chairman takes into account your 'points' and his knowledge of you and depending on the meet and other judge applications may or may not give you a judging position. There are 2 judges in each area (mech, int, ext, chassis, ops) for each class (year grouping). If you're a newbie and they need willing people, you'll get teamed with someone who's been there many times before and will get shown the ropes that way. Or you can OJ and go to seminars, judging schools to get experience and points. 100 points gets you a 'black hat' or Master Judge title. You get 3-5 points if you judge, 1 or maybe 2 at judging sessions and lectures, sometimes 3 at Nats... so it takes a while and a whole lot of meets to get your 100 points. (Just ask Paul!) :D And yes, I do judge cars at NCRS meets, predominantely in 68-72 or 84-86, but I haven't earned 100 points yet - I'm working towards it though. :)

The '70 Registry is still a labor of love. :blueangel: Time sink hole that it is. :rolleyes: We've got almost 900 cars registered now. :cheers: I haven't been doing much more than trying to keep the database updated these days. The new cars are flowing in without me having to beat the pavement. :yesnod: It was totally cool though at the 50th - I ran into a member wearing a Registry polo shirt! That was really neat. :cool: And of all the '70s I spotted in Nashville / BG every single owner I spoke to had already heard of the registry! That was really :cool: even if I got the usual "Yea, I've been meaning to send you my data but didn't get around to it yet" line. :lurk:

For the record :D Mr. (I like low option simple cars without gizmos and gadgetry) Borowski :crazy: My digi-display is functioning just dandy in Victor Smiley. :D He's got almost 140k miles, is sporting an overhauled rear suspension and looks pretty damn good for a daily driver still wearing his factory paing, if I do say so myself. (Not counting that he needs a new ragtop - but who cares in summer when the top is always down anyways?) :auto: Thanks for the spelling correction BTW. :)

Oh, and I won Top Eliminator in the NCCC Dragraces at Vintage Thunder last month - in Sophia. :D I *tied* for Ladies eliminator at the NCRS Vintage Thunder division. They shut down the track before the last run. :( SO me and a gal in a 50th C5 were 'tied' and flipped for who got the trophy - she got the women's trophy though it was officially called a tie. Since they didn't get to run the Top Eliminator runs I got to hang onto my title from 2002 (which I won fair and square!) for a second year, since nobody got the opportunity to take the title away from me. :D I took home that Trophy as a consolation women's eliminator tie trophy. :crazy: It got a bit flakey at the end there on account of the lightning storm coming in.

Anyways, I'm still around, thanks for thinking of me. :auto: :seeya ~Juliet
Old 07-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Did Greg ever get done with "Project no points"????
Forgot this part - He's still coming along with it. He updates the webpage regularly - but mostly hangs out in C2 and the engine boards. I have a link to his website on my homepage:
http://www.julietpage.com

Old 07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Juliet)

:seeya Juliet...

You need to take a break, girl. :yesnod: You're gonna work yourself to death, just having fun. :D
Old 07-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

JULIET---------- Sorry about the mispelling. :rolleyes: See, if you were around these parts more I'd know how to spell your name correctly. :lol: :lol: Glad to hear everything is going well. That business with how the judges for NCRS get their job is really interesting. I actually went to the NCRS site for the first time today. That looks like quite an interesting venture and a good time. :yesnod: It's funny how I've had the Corvette's all this time, always knew about NCRS, but never really looked into it. I don't think I'll participate due to the fact that my only vacation I get squeezed in all year is for our annual Corvette Rally (www.blackhillscorvetteclassic.com)and I'm working 6 days a week pretty much the rest of the time, but you know how that goes. Anyway, good to hear from you again. Seems like almost all of the people who were here when i joined are almost gone now somedays. :crazy: :crazy:

-Justin

[Modified by Dalannex, 1:11 PM 7/7/2003]
Old 07-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Juliet... did you stay at the Marriott for the Nashville event? I thought I saw someone with a Mason Dixon/Juliet name tag .... use the pool on Friday night did you??
Old 07-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

JULIET---------- Sorry about the mispelling. :rolleyes:
Hey, not a problem. :) Just think of Romeo & Juliet and you'll remember how to spell it. :jester Some of the old timers are still around on occasion, but in lurk mode. :D
Old 07-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Tom454)

Juliet... did you stay at the Marriott for the Nashville event?
Yuppers! That was probably Alexanna and I. She's part mermaid I think, and impossible to get out of a pool once she goes in. :lol: I think she went swimming about 3 times a day our entire vacation. :party:
Old 07-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Mack76)

:You're gonna work yourself to death, just having fun. :D
:lol: I thought that was the object of the game? :jester
Old 07-09-2003, 07:44 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

:seeya Juliet
Nice to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger. :D
Old 07-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Ahh...

We were all in the pool when y'all wandered in... we were the ones making all the noise & waves. She sure looked happy to be jumpin' in the pool! Grinnin' ear to ear.

The pool was "down" when we arrived on Thursday... we bugged them to get it fixed.

Thought it might be you but wasn't sure. Didn't want to invade anyones space at the pool.

Tom

Old 07-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (Tom454)

We were all in the pool when y'all wandered in... we were the ones making all the noise & waves. She sure looked happy to be jumpin' in the pool! Grinnin' ear to ear.
Well, gee, you should have introduced yourselves! :lol: Small world. I think we went to the pool 5 times during our one night stay there. :thumbs: We went up to BG for the next 2 nights before heading home. I'd let Alexanna swim in for 15 minutes and she'd be ready to look at vettes for another few hours before we needed another 'pool treatment'. :lol: Ah, the simple things in life. :cool:
Old 07-12-2003, 10:49 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juliet, :cool: use of icons! :grouphug:
Old 07-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Yep. Still lurking...as I have gone to "another" (I was going to say dark) side. The C3 is in a new owner's hands.

[Modified by paul67, 8:44 AM 7/13/2003]
Old 07-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What ever happened to Juliette??????? (paul67)

The C3 is in a new owner's hands.
:(

Get notified of new replies

To What ever happened to Juliette???????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What ever happened to Juliette???????