C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bay Area Alignment shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Paul 73 Coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Alignment shop

I live in the north bay and need an alignment. I took it to a shop up here and they did a very poor job at best. Anyone in the vicinity know of a good place to go? I think this time I will wait and watch the process instead of leave the car for the day.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:41 AM
Steve Grodin
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Bay Area Alignment shop (Paul 73 Coupe)

Sorry I don't know any in the North Bay. If you are willing to come down to the East Bay email me for a recomendation.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:28 AM
terryrudy
Drifting

Custom Alignment in Mtn View is the best. Kinda pricey, but you get what you pay for.
-terry
Old 06-24-2003, 12:59 PM
HWY 9 - Z06
Advanced

I agree with TerryRudy, Custom Alignment in Mt. View is the only place around qualified to properly align a corvette. i tried several before finding them. they now get ALL MY BUSINESS, with all my cars. They ask how you drive your car, and what you expect out of it and align it to match your driving habits. they also safety wire your trailing arm shims in so they dont fall out, which happened to me when a "performance" shop did an alignment!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Steve Grodin
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Bay Area Alignment shop (HWY 9 - '69)

As long as we are giving "plugs", I think Roger Krause Racing, in Castro Valley, does the best four wheel alignments on Corvettes. :chevy
Old 06-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Paul 73 Coupe
Racer

Default Re: Bay Area Alignment shop (Steve Grodin)

Mt View is not that far of a trip. The last "performance shop" that did the alignment in Santa Rosa only pushed the shims in and never pulled the cotter pin out. I even brought it back to give them a chance to fix the issue and they still left a few out. This was after I got new trailing arms and stainless shims for them to use. They wont touch it again.

Thanks for the advice. :cheers:
Old 06-24-2003, 11:22 PM
blown454
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Steve Grodin. Roger Kraus Tire in Castro Valley is the place to get your alignments. If in doubt, call Roger for references. I live in the Santa Cruz area & have towed cars the approx. 70 miles for alignments. Well worth the extra effort. They will also drill the holes for the cotter pins if the holes are not there. The only things that they didn’t have were the extra long cotter pins themselves. Just get those yourself before they do the job. In all of my experiences with them they have been very professional, they know what they are doing & I wasn't worried that they were going to take my car out & beat it. Here's their info: Roger Kraus Tire Inc. 2896 Grove Way, Castro Valley, CA 94546 (510) 582-5031. I don't work for Roger Kraus I've just had nothing but good experiences with them. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Bay Area Alignment shop

Quick Reply: Bay Area Alignment shop