C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:25 PM
wingnut
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (76 Shark)

In addition to my vette, I have a bike and a Jeep, both of which come with the 'wave'. In all 3 I've noticed the same thing, the newer the vehicle the less the wave is returned.

Of course on my YZF-R1 a never get a return wave from the Harley guys ;)
Old 06-04-2003, 07:35 PM
79corvette
Racer

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (mrog1961)

I normally get the wave from the C5 guys around here, but I have to agree most C4 guys snub me. I never know if I should initiate the wave, but I always return it. :seeya
Old 06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (79corvette)

I was a jeep guy long before i was a corvette guy. The jeep wave has been around for a long time. I always wondered which was started first. I can verify the jeep wave back to about 1986. And the corvette wave back too around 1988. Though i am just a young'n at 31 years old. What about you vetrans? When did you first see the wave?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Sun King
Pro

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (sdixon)

Here's a :seeya and a :hurray: -n- :cheers:
even the T/A guys wave when I'm in mine :auto:
Old 06-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (NHvette)

If you see someone waving from their Buick Park Ave - that's me. :crazy: :lol:
I'm in the mazda millenia. Still have never gotten a wave back.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (THawkbh)

Hmm???? Ok :nopity
Old 06-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (sdixon)

that happens a lot here too. there are tons of c-4 and c-5's running around here. maybe they just don't know about the good old :seeya tradition. i've been at lights and even got the "what are you doing driving a vette look. i just smoke 'em and show them what a real vette does. :lolg:
Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (Van Steel)

I usually get snubbed by C5 owners whether I'm in my C3 or C4. Then on Monday I got two or three waves in the SAME DAY from C5 owners, each of whom waved at me First!! I was floored...
So now I feel guilty about all the C5 owners I didn't bother to initiate The Wave with...maybe they thought I was stuck up but I got tired of getting snubbed and looking like a dummazz...
But I always wave at C3s no matter which of mine I am in.
Jeff
Old 06-04-2003, 11:23 PM
cruzr
Instructor

Default Re: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave. (mrog1961)

My first vette was a C1. I own a C5 and always wave at any vette I see. Most of the vette owners in St. Louis wave. Of coarse thats where your vettes came from. :D I think a lot of the new owners just havent heard or figured it out yet. So I just wave at them first, and hope they will catch on. I have noticed some in the wannabe rich area's of town, will give you a look. But the most wealthy people I know wouldnt be driving a vette anyway, so I just have to laugh. Some people are azzholes no matter what they drive. I hope to own a C3 one of these days....always thought they were cool looking. My point is, dont be discouraged by some. Your keeping a tradition going, and that is what makes our cars and owners unique. :thumbs:
:seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 06-05-2003, 12:14 AM
black1980
Heel & Toe

I wave at anything that says “vette”. If it’s a nice Harley then I roll my window down and give a “thumbs up”.

Here in Dallas (Tx) there are a lot of corvette and classic car enthusiasts. They can be boiled down to a few categories of wavers:

1) Women in vettes. They don’t wave. (I’ve seen some of your pictures, I don’t blame ‘em.)
2) The newly rich with their C2 toys. Never wave. They would never let on that you and your late model C3 everyday driver are even alive.
3) Most rice rockets. Interested, but its not cool to wave.
4) Collector car enthusiasts. Always wave. (Unless it’s a woman. See rule 1)
5) Guys on Harleys. If you’re cool enough they will wave back. (It’s a guy thing)
6) Policemen. Always wave. (Opps… Pucker… Sometimes when you wish they wouldn’t).
7) 5 guys in a low-rider. Gotta do the chin thing.

:smash:

Quick Reply: Here in Michigan it seems like C5 owners dont do the wave.