C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Books or Manuals on restoration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Scudd
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good Books or Manuals on restoration?

What are the best books covering resoration of the C3's. I have the haynes and chiltons manuals, but they are not good enough for interior work which I really need. thanks again.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:14 AM
terryrudy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Good Books or Manuals on restoration? (Scudd)

Do you have the AIM Manual? You can pick them up at MidAmerica, etc. I think this is what you'll need.
good luck!
-terry
Old 05-28-2003, 05:37 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Good Books or Manuals on restoration? (Scudd)

It kind of depends on your model and what you intend to restore...you mention interior which is relatively straight forward depending if you're going to get into the dash. A cosmetic should not be too difficult but if you are looking at electrical, dash, functionality, you'll need as suggested additional reference guides such as the AIM and even some "how to" guides or methods.

I'm reading a Restoration book that targets 68-82 and which details nicely several sections and describes the components their fit and look. It's the Richard Prince book on Corvette Restoration.

The Lindsay Porter book has a chapter on interiors and it details how to take everything apart...this is serious restoration and includes harness, electrical, seats, steering column, etc. The emphasis is methods.

Then there is the Bizzoco 1969 Stingray Guidebook which also describes with a great deal of accuracy how a 69 interior looks when delivered from the factory. The Prince book lacks the detail the Bizzoco provides but offers a survey for each model year.

So you can see there exists no "best book" but a compilation of guides will serve your needs. The Porter books shows methods while the Prince and Bizzoco describe detail.

Hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Good Books or Manuals on restoration?

Quick Reply: Good Books or Manuals on restoration?