C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:48 PM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed! (bgrice)

Damn... been there done that, got the t-shirt and the post card :banghead: :banghead: I ended up moving the mounts around then had no problems opening or closing the hood but it would pop open when on any bumpy roads :banghead: :banghead: I think I finally found middle ground this weekend. Put on about 10 miles and no problems :thumbs: :crazy: :lol: :lol: got my fingers crossed
Old 04-28-2003, 03:06 PM
thejaf
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed! (SnoDrgn)

When I took my car for the state inspection, the mechanics (I use the term loosely) did me the favor of breaking the hood cable that connects driver to passenger side. yeah, we tried the "access" plug in the wiper bay. i'm thinking there is a special GM part# tool to to that :banghead: You have about 1/2" of play, and the wiper mecahnism and vacuum hoses are in the way.

Since the driver's side was released (no tension), we CAREFULLY lifted up that corner enough to fish a thin rod (coathanger) with a bent end across the top of the distributor and snagged the passenger side latch.

Hood now has a new cable, and it's well oiled :smash:
Old 04-28-2003, 05:08 PM
SAMMAN
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed! (thejaf)

Update today, took off one front hood bolt on passenger side and loosened the other and hood opened at last. l adjusted the pins on both side, seems to be closing and opening fine for now. Now if l could only fix the problem l have of the hood poping up on the passenger side when l'm driving.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:44 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed! (bgrice)

Been there MANY times before. The easiest way that I have found to get it unstuck is to reach in through the A-Arm hole in the wheel well with an open ended wrench and loosen the bolts for the hood hinge.

Quick Reply: Time for a beer.... I stuck the freakin hood closed!