C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bigblock engine troubles in Belgium part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:22 PM
bbvette74
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigblock engine troubles in Belgium part 2

Hi again. Here is some feedback on my previous problem.First of all thanks for the many solutions. The ticking is gone after a trip of 100 miles and adding an additive for hydraulic lifters. The back firing is fixed by my mecanic who checked the valves when the engine was running. 2 inlet valves on the right bank had to much tolerance,now the engine works properly,but he told me to drive carefuly because he thought the engine didn't run for a long time.Now I have another problem:After running awhile the starter doesn't work anymore.When cooled it runs again.Any solutions?? Julien
Old 03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
kraventhearcher
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bigblock engine troubles in Belgium part 2 (bbvette74)

Sounds like your starter is suffering from heat soak. (not to be confused with heat stroke) :-) The starter is probably shot since the copper inside has probably changed structure and is out of spec.
Go get yourself another starter and order a heat shield for it from a racing parts source like summit, or Critcher's.
If you don't mind a phone call to an overseas source, Critcher's Auto Parts can solve your problems over the phone, ship internationally, and they have access to lots of vintage parts that other parts companys don't have. And the staff are bowtie experts.
The number is: in USA 828 264 8822
:seeya
Kraven

Quick Reply: Bigblock engine troubles in Belgium part 2