C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:45 PM
LATNC3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket

well, i'm tired of my crappy engine, i need to build an engine. could you guys please advice me on parts to get: crank?, Cam, Pistons, Heads, Carb, Fluel pump, Oil pump......you know!!! my budget is not great, but i 'm doing this with time on my side. i have the block.....(bare)...2 bolt main...or should i got 4?

Rod :cool:
Old 03-31-2003, 07:01 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket (LATNC3)

2 bolt blocks are fine for the street and some strip use as along as you dont go crazy.Id determine your budget first then go from there.Theres alot of kits out there,just remember alot of those kits arent balanced yet so add on another $150 or for balancing.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:15 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket (patsnitrovette)

Buy a kit. Much cheaper to get all the parts from one source in a package :cheers:
Old 03-31-2003, 04:51 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket (LATNC3)

See my signature! :hurray:
Old 03-31-2003, 05:13 PM
kraventhearcher
Intermediate

If you are on a budget, then don't worry about a stroker. Just rebuild your 350. For all the money you spend on your mill building a stroker, you can build one helluva 350 based lump.
And if it's a question of max performance, then take a look at some of the e.t.'s on cars posted on this site. Strokers aren't a panacea for ultimate power. In fact, a guy on a budget can blow a lot of coin on a stroker and not have much of a gain. (except for bragging rights)
A 2 bolt 350 will be good for street duty, bracket racing, mild nitrous apps and even a small blower.
But no matter what you do, make a plan and stick to it. This'll keep you from chasing your tail and blowing your budget.
good luck and keep us posted.
kraven :thumbs:
Old 03-31-2003, 08:06 PM
LATNC3
Burning Brakes

Default Re: building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket (kraventhearcher)

Thanks guys!!!! i guess my budget is couple grand. kits you say hey?? well, i'm starting with a bare block anyways, so i will need all of it!!

Rod :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket

Quick Reply: building a stroker...need advice.........Please...yah, thats the ticket