C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 12:05 AM
carbster09
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga?

Anyone had any experience with American Sports Car Center in Ga? I bought a car from them > 5 months ago and have yet to receive the title! :mad

Yes I know I am being stupid, but live ~ 1,000 miles away and like the vette, even if it was slightly mis-represented :(

Any suggestions? They keep giving excuses, lost the title, that employee left etc etc...I guess the next step is legal help? :confused:

Thanks

Carbster
Old 03-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (carbster09)

What kind of excuses are they giving you????

I think a call to the Motor Vehicle Division in their county would probably get you the best non-legal action....

:seeya
Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (carbster09)

I know those guys if you would like to me to contact them. They have some good cars and some serious JUNK as well. Let me know who you are dealing with and I will be glad to help. I spend a lot of $$ with http://www.tld.com which is right behind them :yesnod: but not affilliated directly
Old 03-25-2003, 01:37 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (Alwyn678)

TIP: Telephone calls and personal visits are useless. (Talk is cheap)

Send them a certified letter stating the facts. You bought the car and they have not provided the title after 5 months. State that they have a deadline to provide title.

Let the Better Business Bureau and your lawyer know if that doesn't work.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Missileman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know personally that some of their cars are really consignment cars that are provided by some very unreliable and shady people. If you got one of these cars it could be that there was no title in the first place. Good luck to anyone who deals with this company: you will need it.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (Missileman)

I know personally that some of their cars are really consignment cars that are provided by some very unreliable and shady people. If you got one of these cars it could be that there was no title in the first place. Good luck to anyone who deals with this company: you will need it.
And how do you know this??
Old 03-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Missileman
Instructor

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (Alwyn678)

Drove up with a trailer to buy a car from a private seller with cash in hand. After talking to him and waiting four hours for him to return with the car he lied to me and said it was locked in a friends shop with tranny problems and would trailer it down for me when it was fixed. The next day a salesman called me from there and tried to sell me the exact same car I had gone to pick up (same description down to the VIN number) for $7K more. This same person also had three other cars in various states of disrepair on his property trying to piece them together.
The salesman told me that they get quite a few cars from this individual, which immediately chased me away for good. That's how I know.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Default Re: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga? (Missileman)

Drove up with a trailer to buy a car from a private seller with cash in hand. After talking to him and waiting four hours for him to return with the car he lied to me and said it was locked in a friends shop with tranny problems and would trailer it down for me when it was fixed. The next day a salesman called me from there and tried to sell me the exact same car I had gone to pick up (same description down to the VIN number) for $7K more. This same person also had three other cars in various states of disrepair on his property trying to piece them together.
The salesman told me that they get quite a few cars from this individual, which immediately chased me away for good. That's how I know.
Interesting..I know quite a few people(including a number on this forum) that have bought cars from them with no problems........Sounds like you got hosed for sure
Old 03-25-2003, 02:01 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Just call the dmv, if you have a bill of sale they will put the car in your name. Its not that hard, I bought a car with a missing title and the dmv diddnt have a problem. I think it cost me 10 bucks for a brand new one.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:29 PM
greatgonzoglenn
Racer

Could always apply for a lost title. As long as you have the bill of sale and vin # you should be able to get another copy for a few bucks. :flag
Old 03-25-2003, 09:01 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done business with Greg Rush the President of Americian Sports Car Center. I know he is a honest person, and is a good business man.

Phone them and ask for him and I am sure he will take care of the matter and work it out.

He is not in business to screw people.

I am sure he will be in Knoxville for Corvette Expo this Thur-Fri-Sat-Sun. I see him there everytime.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga?

Quick Reply: Anyone else been burnt by American Sports Cars in Ata. Ga?