C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUILD SHEET

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:03 PM
FASGLAS
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default BUILD SHEET

What's the best, (easiest), way to retrieve the build sheet, IF it's still on the car?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:28 PM
72LT1Steve
Instructor

Default Re: BUILD SHEET (FASGLAS)

Well the "Best" way is to drop the gas tank (can be photographed prior to any removal attempt) . The "Easiest" way would be to reach up over the gas tank and remove it, most likely piece by piece . :sad:

Steve
Old 03-19-2003, 02:32 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The build sheet, or tank sticker, is on top of the gas tank, which means the tank has to be lowered out of the car to retrieve it.

If it looks like the tank has been replaced by a previous owner chances are its gone. Otherwise, try looking into the gaps around the filler neck with a small mirror and a flashlight to see if there is any trace of it.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:37 AM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: BUILD SHEET (6t9l4t6)

Another idea...

If you don't want to drop the gas tank, you could lift the body. :jester
Old 03-20-2003, 12:02 PM
PureSilver
Racer

Found mine when I lifted the body- top left front side of tank. Covered in dust, and nothing readable- only a couple of light lines where the ink dropped off. Good luck-no real value in it (though I'm keeping it...maybe "CSI" can bring it back to life...) :yesnod:
Old 03-20-2003, 12:56 PM
GaryS
Melting Slicks

Default Re: BUILD SHEET (PureSilver)

... nothing readable- only a couple of light lines where the ink dropped off. Good luck-no real value in it (though I'm keeping it...maybe "CSI" can bring it back to life...)
I have my original tank sticker but only about 70% of it was legible. At the suggestion of another board member who is a graphic artist, I scanned it and then "played" with the image using some techniques. The end result was that the remaining portion stood out and now I can read about 99% of it. If you want, scan it and email it to me. I will use Photoshop and do some contrast changes and other techniques to see what is there.
Gary
Old 03-20-2003, 05:37 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,517 Likes on 786 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I managed to get mine when I dropped the spare tire tub. I also removed the gas filler rubber boot. I was able to reach up from underneath, and use a parts retreiver from the gas filler area and get about 75% without removing the tank. The missing pieces were probably because it was a heavy glue area. It was very illegible, but through use of a copier I was able to play with the darkness/lightness to read most of it. Fortunately the piece I really wanted to see, the dealer it was delivered to was highly readable. I immediately, carfully taped it together and moved it inot a plastic protective sleeve. :smash: :smash:
Old 03-20-2003, 06:03 PM
1979LS-6corvette
Intermediate

Default Re: BUILD SHEET (gliot1)

I dropped my tank a few weeks ago my sticker was mostly gone there is no real reason to try to get it :(

Get notified of new replies

To BUILD SHEET

Quick Reply: BUILD SHEET