C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Mechanic/Phoenix AZ Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 09:27 AM
74VetteAZ
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looking for Mechanic/Phoenix AZ Area

Hoping you guys can help. Looking for a knowledgeable C3 person that can help me finish my 74 BB and get it up and running. Need person willing to help me finish the car at its current location. (90% finished). Car is all original and all parts are on hand to finish, Please PM me if interested or if you know someone in this area that would be interested. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:47 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

What exact type of help do you need?
What needs finished?

Joe
Old 02-22-2024, 10:39 AM
74VetteAZ
Instructor

Bought car about six years ago - it is all original and a true survivor (454 convertible 4 speed). Took out various (non-original) components and replaced with all original or rebuild correct parts which have all now been completed. Engine is in car - but tranny needs to be pulled for a new main seal (small leak). AC and and all original components have been refurbished and need to be re-installed along with the radiator, engine smog equipment, water pump, alternator, starter, exhaust (even have original resonators) to be installed - as aftermarket exhaust was previously on car). Have all new NOS or re-furbished original parts to complete this restoration. Exhaust manifolds have been removed (since they were incorrect) and correct dated manifolds are now ready to be installed. The gentleman helping me restore this car passed away and am now looking to find someone in my area to hire to help me get this car up and running. Car is 90% complete. Have good working area as well. I'm checking local vette and classic car clubs in the area but so far no luck yet. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:37 AM
0311 jarhead
Burning Brakes

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Gonna be hard finding someone to come to you. I know of a couple of shops in the area, but you need go to them.
Try asking at the AZ Corvette Enthusiasts (ACE) or Sun country Corvette club in Sun City.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:45 AM
74VetteAZ
Instructor

I'm aware of shops as well but this is a project I want to be involved in. I know it will not be easy - but hopefully someone will be interested. Thank you for your suggestion and input - it is greatly appreciated. Best/Vic
Old 02-22-2024, 05:13 PM
69FASTFUN
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 142 Posts

I don't where you are located but you can try Howard's Corvettes Howard's Corvettes – Since 1962 (howardscorvettes.com)
Old 02-25-2024, 10:59 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,715 Likes on 2,273 Posts

Call a couple of Corvette car clubs in the area....or go to some car shows and ask Corvette owners who they use as a mechanic.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Mechanic/Phoenix AZ Area

Quick Reply: Looking for Mechanic/Phoenix AZ Area