C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rag Joint Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 01:06 PM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Rag Joint Comparisons

Inquiring to find out if anyone has compared available rag joints. The rag joint on my Borgeson has split and must be replaced. I can go back with the Borgeson replacement rag joint (Pn 000941), but will I have to replace it again after 2279 miles. I want to see if I can use another manufactures rag on my Borgeson part. I was looking at other rag joint kits offered by Corvette Central, ZIP, and Doorman. I'm leaning towards the ZIP (SC-778) kit, but wondering if the rag joint matches up to the Borgeson rag joint, rag diameter, hole spacing, and ID of the 4 holes in the rag. Thanks
Old 09-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,342 Likes on 974 Posts

There was a post recently about replacing the rag joint with a universal joint and a carrier. Search the C-2 and C-3 forums. Jerry
Old 09-22-2023, 08:03 PM
DC3
Melting Slicks

Received 353 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by c66vet
Inquiring to find out if anyone has compared available rag joints. The rag joint on my Borgeson has split and must be replaced. I can go back with the Borgeson replacement rag joint (Pn 000941), but will I have to replace it again after 2279 miles. I want to see if I can use another manufactures rag on my Borgeson part. I was looking at other rag joint kits offered by Corvette Central, ZIP, and Doorman. I'm leaning towards the ZIP (SC-778) kit, but wondering if the rag joint matches up to the Borgeson rag joint, rag diameter, hole spacing, and ID of the 4 holes in the rag. Thanks
The issue with the Borgeson rag joint is that they failed to use proper shoulder bolts and failed to use those odd shaped load spreading washers to prevent distortion of the rubber disc. See this thread I started for more info: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rag-joint.html

DC

Get notified of new replies

To Rag Joint Comparisons

Quick Reply: Rag Joint Comparisons