C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find Allen’s Chambered Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 12:51 AM
dreno73
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Where can I find Allen’s Chambered Exhaust?

I’m looking for help finding under car chambered exhaust for my 74 5 speed. I’ve searched and searched but nobody has it on their website. Or that’s searchable. I’m looking for the sound on this YouTube video. If you fast forward to the end, go to 5:12 then to 9:08

https://youtu.be/48NjzCxNbjg

sounds Amazing! Any help would be awesome!
Old 11-23-2022, 10:32 AM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,349 Posts

I tried them 15 years ago. I bought them direct from Mike Allen they didn't fit at all. I had to cut and reweld them. Ran them on a 69 & 75 and hated them. Sold them for $100 and never looked back. Under car 2.5" is better in my opinion. Also ran Hooker chrome sidepipes, hated them and sold them for $100 years ago.

Good luck
PS Mike Allen died, and I believe the business closed.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:31 PM
AKjeff
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts

I just installed a 2.5" undercar chambered exhaust I bought from here:
https://highfloperformance.com

Complete with hangers and clamps. It's not mandrel bent but it fit with no modification required.
The following 3 users liked this post by AKjeff:
dreno73 (11-24-2022), JayK47 (11-24-2022), Mark Cordeiro (10-31-2023)
Old 11-23-2022, 11:32 PM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Allens is OOB.
The following users liked this post:
dreno73 (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 01:35 AM
dreno73
Instructor

Originally Posted by AKjeff
I just installed a 2.5" undercar chambered exhaust I bought from here:
https://highfloperformance.com

Complete with hangers and clamps. It's not mandrel bent but it fit with no modification required.
do you have any video clips or anything on YouTube or Instagram? I’d like to get an idea on looks and sound. Did you watch the YouTube video link I posted? Does it sound anything like that? Anything’s no is welcome!
Old 11-24-2022, 01:56 AM
dreno73
Instructor

Originally Posted by GTR1999
I tried them 15 years ago. I bought them direct from Mike Allen they didn't fit at all. I had to cut and reweld them. Ran them on a 69 & 75 and hated them. Sold them for $100 and never looked back. Under car 2.5" is better in my opinion. Also ran Hooker chrome sidepipes, hated them and sold them for $100 years ago.

Good luck
PS Mike Allen died, and I believe the business closed.
yeah I’ve heard from multiple people that Mike Allen is deceased. Sorry to hear about that.

im running exhaust underneath the car so no side pipes. I’m very interested in chambered since I’ve heard a few corvettes with them and they sound great! To me. I’m running FM 40’s right now but want something a little more hot rod sounding. I tried the Black Widow Venom 250’s but they sound better on a mid chassis setup versus out the back like vettes have to have. They were a little “tin can” sounding. Even more than FM 40’s. I don’t drive my car very long distances so I can take a little more noise.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:58 AM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 364 Posts

Six months ago I purchased stock exhaust and mufflers for my 73 manual SB from Volunteer Vetts. I called around to several of the Corvette Parts Houses, and it seems that Volunteer must sell exhaust systems to a number of Corvette Vendors. The muffler shop tech said he had to do some mods, but it could not have been very much, as the labor charge was extremely reasonable.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:48 AM
AKjeff
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dreno73
do you have any video clips or anything on YouTube or Instagram? I’d like to get an idea on looks and sound. Did you watch the YouTube video link I posted? Does it sound anything like that? Anything’s no is welcome!
I have a tired, stock L-48, I do not think it is as loud as the car in the video.
It snowed here shortly after I got it installed, I got to drive it once and haven't had time to make a recording.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:05 AM
PJO
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 469 Posts

https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...aluminized-25/

https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...-manual-74-79/

The last one for manual transmission has been discontinued. Not sure if you have a big block or small.
Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...-discontinued/
Old 11-24-2022, 10:53 AM
JayK47
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice video. I have a 74 as well and I guess that brake light being on no matter what is a 74 thing. It is loud when full throttle. I wonder what my car with side pipes sounds like outside the car at full throttle.
Old 11-24-2022, 09:41 PM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Gotta just post this:

The setup: all 2.25" - chambered in front of the diff, & 12" long packed resonators at the rear.

interpon (11-25-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 07:59 PM
dreno73
Instructor

Originally Posted by PJO
https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...aluminized-25/

https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...-manual-74-79/

The last one for manual transmission has been discontinued. Not sure if you have a big block or small.
Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...-discontinued/
i saw these posted at Corvette Pacifica but unfortunately they don’t have them. They also told me Allen passed away so they’re out of stock. I was hoping they had them as they’re an hours drive from me. I may stop in and see if they have something similar. All I really need are the chambered portion. I can have my muffler guy do the rest of the tubing. I’m running a 350 that’s pretty aggressive. It has 420hp at the crank.
Old 11-27-2022, 08:03 PM
dreno73
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chambered
Gotta just post this: https://youtu.be/KASuU91e_j0

The setup: all 2.25" - chambered in front of the diff, & 12" long packed resonators at the rear.

DAMN!!! This is another awesome sounding vette! That’s the sound I’m looking for! What brand chambered tubes are those? I just need those and my muffler guy can do the rest of the work. Also the resonators I’d like to know what they are. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2022, 01:32 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,105 Likes on 876 Posts

My personal experience with Allen's Stainless Exhaust was nothing less than "awesome". I too bought both my systems from Mike at a Corvette Show in Carlisle PA. They built my systems and delivered them to Corvettes@Carlisle without any shipping charges or Tax. The prices were amazing and each piece was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and secured to keep any damage from happening during the drive from Indiana.

I installed both of my Chambered Exhaust systems from them myself, one on a 427 equipped 1968 C3 and the second for my 1988 L98 equipped C4. Neither system required any work to get them on the Corvette and I didn't have to to cut and re-weld anything during the installation of "the systems. The systems are made of Aluminized Steel and they have not had any corrosion in the decades of usage. I have been very happy with the sounds and the quality of the systems sold to me by Allen's Stainless Exhaust. I was offered three levels of sound from the chambered pipes and they make any engine sound ferocious even if they don't make a ton of power. The L98 is only rated at 255hp and my biggest complaint was that they installed the LT1 tips on the chambered pipes to be used on a non-LT1 Corvette. Many people assume I have a really hot engine in the C4 despite the fact it is basically stock and the Chambered Pipes make the "sound" of the exhaust seem powerful.

Both cars still have the Chambered systems on them and they are working great 2 plus decades after installing them. The chambered pipes make very similar sounds as side pipes can but the noise goes out the rear which keeps you from having to wear ear plugs driving the car.

It is truly a loss to the Corvette Community that Allen's SS Exhaust is now closed.
The following 2 users liked this post by ctmccloskey:
dreno73 (11-28-2022), Duane4238 (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 04:38 PM
Duane4238
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 93 Posts

My experience with Allen's was absolutely awesome, too. Sad that he's gone and no one continued the business. I bought a set of stainless steel pipes without mufflers. Don't remember the year, but they cost me a whole $225 at the time. Put Dynomax Turbos on and they sound great. They went right on with no mods and still look like new today. I've recommended Allen's to many people and didn't realize they were no longer available.
Duane
ctmccloskey (12-01-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Where can I find Allen’s Chambered Exhaust?

Quick Reply: Where can I find Allen’s Chambered Exhaust?