C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 Starter Interrupt Relay

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,018 Likes on 697 Posts

Any updates on this issue? I FINALLY had mine act up just sitting in the garage after a period of time, hit the key and nothing. That is the first time ever it had done that. I thought great, now I can finally troubleshoot a failure vs intermittent issue. Well, it appears that it is the anti-theft system and it is one of the doors. I will have to figure out which one, but leaning towards the drivers side. Still nothing and then closed the drivers door and it fired right up. Crazy stuff.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Palmers
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after reading your post, I went out to the garage open and closed both doors several times, locked and unlocked the Corvette door several times using the key, several times by arming and disarming the aftermarket alarm using tit's remote and several times sitting inside the car using the switch on the door. Then tried to start it. Fired right up. Now how do we make sure this doesn't happen when we are out somewhere?
Old 05-29-2022, 09:26 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmers
So after reading your post, I went out to the garage open and closed both doors several times, locked and unlocked the Corvette door several times using the key, several times by arming and disarming the aftermarket alarm using tit's remote and several times sitting inside the car using the switch on the door. Then tried to start it. Fired right up. Now how do we make sure this doesn't happen when we are out somewhere?
Bypass it. No one hot wires these cars anymore.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:09 AM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

I accidentally activated the lockout on my '82 a couple of times. I think that once I had removed the T-tops (they are switched with the alarm/lockout system) with the windows down while the doors were locked; and, another time when I reached in through the passenger side window to manually pull the unlock button with the other side locked. Either way, I find that if I just unlock the driver's door with the key, then use use the unlock switch to unlock the passenger door I never, ever have a situation.
Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2022, 11:21 AM
Palmers
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Not sure how I managed to activate the lockout, but at least now I should be able to de-activate it.

Quick Reply: 82 Starter Interrupt Relay