C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 02:45 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly??

I know that Ecklers sells such assembly but not with the offset trailing arm.. Where can I get a offset trailing arm + bearing + spindle assembly??? It has to be the offset trailing arm!

:cheers:

Olivier

Old 12-02-2002, 03:12 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (GrandSportC3)

I got mine from Bairs - complete with all stainless parking brake hdwr. new rotors etc...

I cant say enough good things about Bairs, their people are knowledgable, friendly and courteous - cant do much better - their prices are excellent as well.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:14 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (GrandSportC3)

I bought mine from Art Dorsett at VANSTEELS in FL. Art builds the Offset T-Arms for Ecklers and many other suppliers along with probably the best spindle/beariing setup service.

Art also has HD/Custom Halfshafts and any other need you might have. JIM :seeya
Old 12-02-2002, 04:17 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (PROSOUTH)

I bought mine from Art Dorsett at VANSTEELS in FL. Art builds the Offset T-Arms for Ecklers and many other suppliers along with probably the best spindle/beariing setup service.

Art also has HD/Custom Halfshafts and any other need you might have. JIM :seeya
Well - do they sell complete assemblies or do they rebuild them??? I don't have the time to send out mine and wait for them to come back from the rebuild...

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 04:18 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (fauxrs)

I got mine from Bairs - complete with all stainless parking brake hdwr. new rotors etc...

I cant say enough good things about Bairs, their people are knowledgable, friendly and courteous - cant do much better - their prices are excellent as well.
How much are those? They are 2" offset? - Right?

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 05:12 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Just spoke with Dan at VanSteel... It looks like I'm going to get my offset trailing arms/bearing assembly there...

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 06:56 PM
phoenix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My bearings are there getting rebuilt and assembled on new offset arms right now :)
Old 12-02-2002, 07:05 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (phoenix)

My bearings are there getting rebuilt and assembled on new offset arms right now :)
I don't want to have mine rebuild (especially the left one) because there's probably not too much left to rebuild... :D

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Looks like somebody is going to get wider tires for more traction. :thumbs:
Old 12-02-2002, 07:47 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Olivier,

What is the price you were quoted? What is VanSteel's phone #?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:02 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (Gordonm)

Looks like somebody is going to get wider tires for more traction. :thumbs:
I'm thinking in getting 15 x 10 rims with 325/50 R15 tires!!!
For now - I'm going to stay with my current setup, but in a couple of months I will get some 10 - 10.5 inch wide rims and above mentioned tires!

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 08:04 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (WA 2 FST)

Olivier,

What is the price you were quoted? What is VanSteel's phone #?

Thanks!
727-561-9199 or
800-418-5397
Fax: 727-561-7399

Olivier
Old 12-02-2002, 10:59 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Olivier
Yes 2" offset $1190 complete not including the core refunds on my existing bearings and trailing arms. All told $820 after core refund.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:56 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly?? (fauxrs)

Olivier

Yes 2" offset $1190 complete not including the core refunds on my existing bearings and trailing arms. All told $820 after core refund.
That's cheap!! It will cost me more at VanSteel.. However - the good thing about VanSteel is that I will have my trailing arm/bearing assembly tomorrow already.. I will have my parents (who are currently in Clearwater) pick up my purchase. They are going to drive half way to meet with me half way in Fort Myers to bring me my purchase.. I hope that the mechanic will be able to install the new assemblies on Wednesday... So - the car should be easily ready to race on Saturday!!! :D :D

Olivier
Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

That's cheap!! It will cost me more at VanSteel.. However - the good thing about VanSteel is that I will have my trailing arm/bearing assembly tomorrow already
Until I looked at the reciept I had forgotten how good a deal I got from Bairs, part of the reason was that I had (relativly) new SS parking brake hardware on the existing bearing assemblies, because of that I got a pretty deep discount on the bearing assemblies - the trailing arms were $300 for the pair and the bearing assy's were about $260 each.

Theyve been on the car for over a year with no problems - the rear end still looks as good as the day I built it - but I must confess - I wash it when I washt the car. :crazy:
Old 12-03-2002, 11:07 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

That's cheap!! It will cost me more at VanSteel.. However - the good thing about VanSteel is that I will have my trailing arm/bearing assembly tomorrow already

Until I looked at the reciept I had forgotten how good a deal I got from Bairs, part of the reason was that I had (relativly) new SS parking brake hardware on the existing bearing assemblies, because of that I got a pretty deep discount on the bearing assemblies - the trailing arms were $300 for the pair and the bearing assy's were about $260 each.

Theyve been on the car for over a year with no problems - the rear end still looks as good as the day I built it - but I must confess - I wash it when I washt the car. :crazy:
Looks like you got a great deal.. I would get mine there if I could get them as fast as from VanSteel...

Olivier

Get notified of new replies

To Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly??

Quick Reply: Who sells a OFFSET TRAILING ARM + BEARING + SPINDLE assembly??