C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeriods : extra intermediate heim joint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Steeriods : extra intermediate heim joint?

Hello all been a while since I posted, my vette has been patiently waiting for me to give it some tlc for about 10 year, hard to believe I have not driven it for 10 years.

So for my question, I am going to do a rehab on my vette and wanted to get some input from this knowledgeable forum on adding an extra heim joint for stability.
Always thought this was a stability issue only having 1 joint here, would it be worth adding another heim joint bracket towards the firewall and have the extra heim joint coming in from the firewall side or would it would it be better to add above the original joint inline or at least some what inline as you can see it is tight with the headers.

Although always nice to get feedback, would rather not debate if steeriods sucks or not, I am not thrilled with it because of the loss of road feel, but want to improve it if possible before I decide on whether to ditch it and go another route
TIA
Chris

The following users liked this post:
Mewn (11-11-2019)

Quick Reply: Steeriods : extra intermediate heim joint?