C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Sniper Vs FiTech- any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 01:49 AM
EDDIEJ82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Holley Sniper Vs FiTech- any thoughts?

What's up guys, Yes, I'm still around an kicking. lol..... I'll get my 15yr badge on the 10 of next month. Any other old timers from way back still around?

Anyway, I'm considering going Fuel Injection for better drivability, fuel mileage, and more HP and torque if the Hotrod rags and YouTube dyno video's are to be believed. I'm considering the Holley Sniper or FiTech systems. Does anyone have any experience with either of these systems? They seem to be the best fit for me because of the self learning capability and relatively easy installation. I will be letting the FI system control my timing also and my 6AL box. The Sniper sys seems to have a slight advantage because of a built in hole on the bracket that is specifically designed for the TV cable on my 700R4. I can't find any info about this on the FiTech system. Also, both FI system will control Nitrous systems. The Sniper "seems" like it would be easier to set up according to the manuals on both systems. Anyone with experience on this one? I'm currently running a Jacob's nitrous controller with my Demon carb. The FI systems will control everything that my Jacobs box does now (according to the manuals). Would it be an advantage or somehow better to let the FI system control my Nitrous system?

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 AM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the Sniper on my BBC 67 Camaro and I put a FiTech on my buddy’s SBC in his CJ Jeep. Neither is running NOS, so I have nothing on that. My Sniper runs my timing (MSD6 box) his FiTech does not

I can say both systems are everything they advertise. Easy, Self-Learning, and run great. Don’t think you can go wrong with either. It will come down to features that you want / need to make the final decision.

Had only 2 issues with the Sniper,

First – The throttle was a little stiff / digital (on / off) for my liking. Made a little bracket to raise the mounting point of the throttle linkage to FI mount. Problem solved. But that caused clearance issues with drop base air cleaner. A little notching performed to resolve that issue.

Second – The trigger that comes from the Sniper to the CD box failed. Put in a HEI dizzy to get the car back on the road. Currently, the Sniper is boxed up and is going back to Holley for repair.

If wondering, I run the FAST XFI system in my Vette, whole nother story….

Hope it helps
The following users liked this post:
EDDIEJ82 (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Hey, who you calling an old timer. I guess its me since I have been here since 1999.
I have not run a Sniper yet but installed a Fitech and it worked very well on a warmed over 327 Vette with a decent roller cam.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 344 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I have a Fitech on my '79, like it a lot. Mate at work has the Sniper on his '82, had a couple of dramas but he likes it too. Both will work. We are both using timing control, me with a locked out MSD dizzy and 6al, he with the Holley dizzy. Take your time wiring and plumbing it properly and you should be good. I did change a few things on the Fitech wiring, relocated the fuses and added a dedicated ground wire. Do a bunch of reading beforehand and you should have no problems. There's a lot of people with each system posting on the chevelle forums, I did a lot of reading there early on: https://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Sniper Vs FiTech- any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Holley Sniper Vs FiTech- any thoughts?