C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new noises while turning???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Corvettelvr73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new noises while turning???

When I take turns especialy tight turns I can hear a clunk or a knock. Sounds just like something in the luggage compartment that slid over and hit the side. Ive checked the lug nuts and they are tight also ive checked the spare and it is tightly secured. The mufflers are not moving either. What is the noise comming from? :nonod: It is scaring me. :chevy
Old 10-21-2002, 10:44 AM
PJO
Melting Slicks

Received 637 Likes on 465 Posts

Default Re: new noises while turning??? (Corvettelvr73)

Sounds like you need to replace your differental fluid and posi additive use the oils from GM its the best for this. The sound that you have is from the clutch packs in your rear differental when in a turn the clutches slip the two rear wheel rotate independent, some what of each other. The oil and additive allow this. If the oil and additive have degraded then the chatter is what happens when the clutch packs stick. pjo
Old 10-21-2002, 10:45 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: new noises while turning??? (Corvettelvr73)

Since it's in turns and not on acceleration, I'm thinking pumpkin. If it were a groaning kind of sound, I'd say posi fluid, but for a clunk you might have something else going on.

JB

Get notified of new replies

To new noises while turning???

Quick Reply: new noises while turning???