C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 06:34 PM
VetteMotion
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info

selling

[Modified by VetteMotion, 3:26 AM 10/18/2002]
Old 10-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (VetteMotion)

So this is a real Baldwin Motion Corvette?????? And you bought it as a project and now want to sell it? What did you pay for it and do you have some pics you can post?

-Justin
Old 10-11-2002, 07:32 PM
45ACP
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (Dalannex)

I thought Motion stopped producing cars after '74 because of emission requirements? :confused:
Old 10-11-2002, 07:46 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (VetteMotion)

:jester
Old 10-12-2002, 01:13 AM
djunod
Racer

If you get Joel Rosen to confirm that this is a Motion Performance vehicle, then you can get a good high price for it. By confirm, I mean the paperwork on it. It only costs $1500 and will increase the price by multiples of $10K.

Joel Rosen
Motion Performance
(516) 882-0068 10AM-5PM Eastern weekdays

If your just going to tell people it is a Motion vehicle, then expect to get about what somebody would pay for a non-original vehicle (low).

I think that after 74 it was for export only... See this

[Modified by djunod, 11:53 PM 10/11/2002]
Old 10-12-2002, 10:32 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (djunod)

I grew up very close to Motion and used to see Joel quit often, I don't remember him making the Motion Corvettes after 73 due to the government emmision standards that were not in his cars. The feds shut him down and I was pretty sure that was in 1973.

Also I own a 76 and there were no special edition cars made in that year that I am aware of at all. As a matter of fact the 76 was rather a dog year sharing parts with the 75 and the 77.

As far as the value, that is a tough number to call. I have seen the 76's going for upwards of $15k but that is in primo all origional condition and very low milage. If you think that is a real Motion Super car, I would spend the money and look Joel up as mentioned in the post above, he will supply you with all of the paperwork to authenticate the car. It would greatly add to the value of the car, maybe more then you know.
Just my .02
JoeB

PS there is a person in my Corvette club that has what we think is an origional Motion Corvette, but his is all custom, and he will not check out if it is origional or not, and if it were he would not restore it to its origional condition. I have heard that the early year Motion Super Vettes were going for upwards of 6 figures.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:48 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (woodworkr)

Lets bring this back TTT because...... Just got the latest issue of Vette magazine and there is an article about Motion. They say a variety of special vettes (Spyders?) were made in the 70s. They also have an email contact at the end of the article - guy is writing a book. MJ
Old 10-16-2002, 12:02 AM
VetteMotion
Intermediate

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (woodworkr)

Thanks for the followup... I appreciate the large response... I called up Joel and he lives in my neghborhood and he said the only authenticity I need is that motion plaque they installed on the cars they worked on. I HAVE THE PLAQUE... WHOOOO-HOOOOO ... looks like I will throw this up on the corvette forum and hopefully have this car flat bedded so a professional can tune my baby up... thanks for the support
J :cheers:
Old 10-16-2002, 12:21 AM
Brett K
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If I were you I would still seek to have formal documentation on this car. It is worth the 1500 if it is really a Baldwin. A car like this would attract serious collectors who would likely pass on the deal without some sort of written verification. The only unusual things about the car are the spoiler and a plaque? no performance upgrades? no special paint scheme? You are making some pretty unusual claims about this car to a room full of some pretty knowledgeable skeptics. I would be very interested in seeing pictures of your car.

[Modified by Brett K, 10:40 PM 10/15/2002]
Old 10-16-2002, 12:25 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info (Brett K)

Ya, any pics?

Get notified of new replies

To 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info

Quick Reply: 76 corvette stingray motion HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? updated info