C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$ to replace emissions stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 09:32 PM
98RKC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default $ to replace emissions stuff?

I currently have true duals and was wondering, about how much should I expect to pay to replace the stuff that was removed. I assume I still have the canister but the main stuff on the top of the engine has been removed, Smog pump, headers hoses. Any thought on this? It would be easier to sell if I can get it inspected first rather than "as is" so I'm just thinking out loud.
Thanks,
John
Old 10-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: $ to replace emissions stuff? (n8370c)

Just a general comment. It is much more expensive to go back to stock than to add on the EdelBrock components and the like. Once you tear off the original you will have quite a problem going back. The components that people chuck out as junk smog parts are very expensive. Specifically, I did a retrofit estimate based on Dr. ReBuilds catalogue about four months ago. It would take a minimum of about $2,000US to get things back in order. If that is your wish? Just wish to get past emissions, that is another story.

Old 10-07-2002, 10:26 PM
98RKC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: $ to replace emissions stuff? (paul79)

Not as worried about passing emissions as getting an inspection.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:51 PM
rpounds
Advanced

Don't bother going to dr. rebuild, etc. Keep your eye out on E-bay and go to the local pick a part or similar establishment.

I bought my '75 without any smog equipment and went about installing the missing components myself in order to pass California smog, which everyone will agree is the most stringent test around.

I purchased most everything on E-bay. It took me about 6 months to finalize everything, but it recently passed inspection with flying colors.

Including a new exhaust system and cat, I have invested about $600-$650 . . . all of it a little at a time.

FWIW
Old 10-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

OK, but just get advice from friends as to what a visual inspection means and put it on. Salvage yards are full of those emissions parts.

Get notified of new replies

To $ to replace emissions stuff?

Quick Reply: $ to replace emissions stuff?