C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad dog trans beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:38 PM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mad dog trans beware

i started by talking to ed. he said he could build be a stage 3 trans full manual valve body. trans arrived painted like my 3 year old painted it. tail shaft was damaged. trans lasted for 150 miles. i called for three weeks only having to tell my story to every person i talked to. i never did get to talk to lou.. ive been calling scene august 2016, I get the same story evertime I call…lou is out to lunch, I guess lou is a smart man he;s been ripping people off back to the year 2000, of course that’s my opinion. PLEASE VALUE IT they call it a hand shake warranty. i did not do research on them...my bad..its all over the internet about their rip off antics, used or low grade parts. i never got my money back they suck...i went to better business bureau. Also getting attorney involved. THEY NEED TO BE STOPED ITS NOT RIGHT THEY CAN COUNTINUE TO RIP PEOPLE OFF they will get there’s.
On march 1st 2017 I talked to Dale. Dale said ill call ya tomorrow after he reviews with the boss, that’s Lou, who I never got to talk to and I do not think he exists,
Or he has a lot of people to take to lunch
I just called Dale back today 5/9/17, The length of time was due to me being hospitalized.I got sick.
Imagine that ….Dale said Lou was out to lunch…It’s 3:00 in the afternoon
And now my warranty was up
when you go to their site they look legit BEWARE
Gooole mad Dog….They have been selling this quality trans with lots of bad customer situations
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...withstupid.gif
Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Sorry this happened to you, seems a lot of folks are pissed at that outfit,
Old 05-09-2017, 04:39 PM
69Vett
Safety Car

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Corvette of the Year Winner 2017
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

The business name "Mad Dog" should have been enough warning !
Old 05-09-2017, 04:55 PM
OMF
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 252 Posts

The question is....why is it so hard to do quality work?
I do all my own work on my car, and have never had any issues, I'm not even a schooled mechanic, just been wrenching for 40 yrs.
These scab operators give the reliable shops big headaches I'm sure, as customers hear about the scabs and come in to the good shops sceptical of what's said about required repairs.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:48 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I dont know the answers but i do have a theory that if you take 100 trans shops, vette only shops whatever sadly about 98% suck out loud for one reason or another, and i base this on experience,

I read on this forum how this or that big name parts and or service company has slipped and gone from being gold to being crap,

I run into far too many in the service industry that think a big ego and overbearing manor will hide their crappy work,

This mad dog trans, blows me away that there is a lot of bad feedback on google yet they are still going strong

Get notified of new replies

To Mad dog trans beware

Quick Reply: Mad dog trans beware