C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 05:09 PM
ericshaw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum...

OT but the C3 board is my Corvette family :)

Some of you know that my life is art and my hobby and interest is cars...

Those who know of my near brush with death last November a few weeks after my 25th b-day can skip this part, for those of you that don't, I went over the hood of a car that was making a U turn on a 6 lane city street. I was doing about 45mph on my motorcycle and managed to walk away really only trashing my right arm (there were other impact injuries but the worst was the arm)... unfortunatly thats the arm my drawing hand is attached to. My radius, at my wrist, was shattered into 20 pieces and 3 at my elbow. Now its fragments held in place by plates, screws and pins. I went into shock twice on the road blah blah blah I lost a good 6 months of my life to the pain killers alone...

At any rate this is an update, not a recap...

Over the last 10 months (after being told I'd never use my right hand for anything) I've pretty much regained the use of my arm and hand thru extensive physical therapy and I'm able to write and draw again like nothing ever happened. ...altho I some times drop things without notice like beer bottles and glasses but I'm told that's nothing new for me. :lol:

Fortunatly after the whole motorcycle fiasco and all its on going legal battles my lawyer obtained a small portion of my settlement which I'd decided to invest in a busness but first I needed to replace my baby (the motorcycle) which was a fully restored, hot rodded 1974 Honda CB750. I did. If you're in St.L and you see a janky beat up silver 1976 Corvette Stingray flying a pirate flag, thats me.
So... A month ago I met some people, dropped my car off at their shop to begin a full body off restoration, became friends with those people, and invested on the ground floor of their 9 week old company. That busness is called American Graffiti Auto Museum. We have over 85 classic muscle cars in one show room. Since I bought in as a 1/3 owner I've taken over as director of advertising and promotional cooridnator. If the worst point in someones life could make a 180deg turn, it has for me. I'm still my own boss but in this situation I'm doing all the artwork/ad work for my own company plus I get to play with fast show cars. As an artist the hardest part is having to follow some one elses "vision" of what it is you should be doing. At the moment everything artistic is basic due to budget and time (I'm still working full time as the art director at the photography studio and putting in late nights and weekends doing the books at Amer. Graf.) but after a month we've managed to get ourselvs featured on two news brodcasts one being Show Me St. Louis and the other a brief Chan 2 news spot in addition we have the Post Dispatch comming in to do a cover feature on us for the sunday paper, not sure of the dates yet tho but the interview is tomorrow, so again St.L people keep your eyes peeled!

And just when things were perfect I met a girl... "damn." No, this is good... she's me with toes. She came into the Amer. Graf. to buy a muscle car one night and I haven't been the same since. She's a tattoo artist (time for a second half sleeve??? I'm in trouble!) Her name is, and yes its her real name, Constance Payne ...Connie. She's beautiful in every way, down to the "Daddy's Little Girl" tattoo on the back of her neck and the invisible black light tattoo on her forhead... *sigh* She's 5'8"-5'9" or so, skinny as a rail, short black hair, clear blue eyes, tough as hell and smart as an entire set of encylopideas with perfect pouty lips...

... We finished the motor in my vette last night (w/a mild split duration cam and roller everything-I hope to dyno at Effingham this weekend) and last week we made our first busness purchase... a 10.28 second Pro Street Monty Carlo :eek:
...for advertising at the track of course! :yesnod: :D

I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't die in that accident... cause it sure seems like I'm in heaven. ;)

I'll post some picts of everything asap.

[edit] If any of you find yourselvs in St. Louis we are located at Hwy44 and Jefferson at the 44East entrance ramp. Please stop by and check us out! :cheers:

[Modified by ericshaw, 4:01 PM 9/18/2002]
Old 09-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (ericshaw)

WOW QUITE A STORY.........Sorry to hear about the crash...I ride a 1980 GS750e I love old bikes as well.........You should post this in O/T i am sure they would love to read the story as well///////Good luck with the shop and the new GAL..She sounds like a hottie :cheers:
Old 09-18-2002, 05:26 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (Alwyn678)

Thanks for sharing! Great story, I hope I can make it to St Louis to check out the museum.

So, you don't have toes? :confused:

Also, are the museum cars for sale? MJ

oh, and a pic of Constant Pain (sic) would be nice! :lol:

[Modified by MNJack, 4:27 PM 9/18/2002]
Old 09-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (MNJack)

Thanks for sharing! Great story, I hope I can make it to St Louis to check out the museum.

Toes=Tiats
Old 09-18-2002, 05:46 PM
IT STINGS
Instructor

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (ericshaw)

Eric
Its nice to hear you've had an almost complete recovery. There is nothing worse than losing the ability to do something you love, especially when its your bread and butter. Good luck with the new girlfriend, sounds like a match made in heaven.
:)
Old 09-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Rick68
Pro

Its great to hear all the good thats come out of a bad situation. It must have been fate :) Looking forward to seeing pics of your museum and your vette when its finished :cheers:
Old 09-18-2002, 05:59 PM
ericshaw
Racer

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (Alwyn678)

All our cars are on consignment and we will be putting up a web site within the week
I have all 11 toes :confused: ;) :lol:

Toes=Tiats
WTF :confused: :lol: Tats? As in tattoos...

[Modified by ericshaw, 4:03 PM 9/18/2002]
Old 09-18-2002, 06:05 PM
vettesite
Burning Brakes

I'm glad things are workin' out for you. Have fun!
Old 09-18-2002, 06:41 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (vettesite)

Its good to see that (1) you fully rcovered, (2) you have found a fun/exciting way to make a living and (3) you found someone for 'massage therapy'.;)

Life is full of curveballs - nice to hit one once in a while isn't it? :D
Old 09-18-2002, 08:51 PM
BobJ
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Everything happens for a reason. Sounds like your life is MUCH better now in many ways. I love bikes too, had to get off for a while though, had a few buddies die and started getting those "it's time to take a break!" feelings. I don't ignore them, bought a Vette instead!

My old bike, slow little booger.........

Old 09-19-2002, 01:04 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (IT STINGS)

Really great to hear you have recovered, got a business, and best of all found a women to love and be love by....wow, your are in heaven. :D :D
Old 09-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (LT1driver)

Great story :cheers: And congrats on the career and girl :cheers:
Old 09-19-2002, 02:42 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (Desertdawg)

Forum members should get a %20 discount! :jester :lol:
Glad to hear of your recovery! i too hope to own my own speed shop one day. post pics of the shop and your toes asap. :lol:
Old 09-19-2002, 04:33 PM
ericshaw
Racer

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... ('79ProwlerOrange)

Thanks guys! :cheers:

[edit] Ha ha ha haaaaa! "toes" I see it now. "She's me with toes" :lol: Musta censored out b-o-o-b-s

[Modified by ericshaw, 2:42 PM 9/19/2002]
Old 09-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Thanks guys! :cheers:
For future reference,,,,,,Toes are synonymous with breasts :yesnod:
Old 09-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey E, let me know when that website goes online via email if you would St. Louie is quite a ways away, but a coworker of mine is looking to get rid of her pristine '69 camaro!!!! maybe ya could work something out with her
Old 09-19-2002, 04:43 PM
ericshaw
Racer

Default Re: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum... (85_togo)

I will. :)
Old 09-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

cool story...glad that things are working out for you!!!

Get notified of new replies

To OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum...

Quick Reply: OT - The accident / Life since the vette / My hotrod museum...