C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show--

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 07:53 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show--

Our own Page62 won second place in the '78-'82 catagory. I got second in the '68-'77. Talked to lots of forum guys, and I wanted to thank Will Shephard and Smokehouse69 for coming to the show but not bringing their cars so there was less competition. :D

JB

[Modified by JB, 5:53 PM 9/14/2002]
Old 09-14-2002, 08:09 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show-- (JB)

Man you're fast!!!

Don't forget satx79vette, who won 3rd in the 78-82 class! (And he might have gotten 2nd if it wasn't for my shameless pandering...)

By the way, my tranny didn't leak at the show, but there's a little puddle now that it's back in the garage -- go figure :confused:
Old 09-14-2002, 08:28 PM
4_inch_Bore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a good show - maybe 35 Vettes. I want to thank all you guys who paid $20 to show your cars while the rest of us got in free!
Let's hope they can get some flea market vendors at the next one.
Hey Page62, I did overhear the judges talking about kotex wrapped around the tranny of a certain '79 L-82 Coupe. :jester
Old 09-15-2002, 12:46 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good show - several gorgeous C5s with very expensive upgrades. The improved QC of the C5s is very impressive.
BUT, still not as cool as JBs 69 BB vert! Something about the semi-refined package of a C3 that is undefinable.

The ROAM facility in New Braunfels is great for car shows with lots of shade and a parking lot big enough for low speed autocross (hint, hint)
Old 09-15-2002, 12:52 AM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I got second in the '68-'77.
JB - I've never seen your Vette up close, but the competition must have been tough if you only won second! Love your car!
Old 09-15-2002, 02:10 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show-- (SharkAttack)

I got second in the '68-'77.

JB - I've never seen your Vette up close, but the competition must have been tough if you only won second! Love your car!
Thanks--like most cars, it looks a little better in the pic than it does in person (got some paint chips). I'm just glad Will (flynhi) didn't bring his red '71 Lingenfelter vert--that fuel-injected stroker's got a big "wow, cool" factor going for it.

JB
Old 09-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Langadorf
Pro

Default Re: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show-- (page62)

Sounds like there were some politics in the judging. Maybe next time whoever is running the event should find some neutral judges. Friends shouldn't let friends judge their cars. Quick way to undermine the credibility of what looks to be a great new car show.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:57 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show-- (Langadorf)

It was a "peer judged" show. That's what the organizers wanted -- and it was their choice to make!

And the people who deserved to win their class won! There was no way I was going to win my class compared to the beautiful '78 with matching trailer that was shown -- and the car was not owned by "locals." It was the cleanest car I've ever seen!!! It deserved to win, and rightly did so.

In addition, forum member virtue4u (from Houston -- not a local person either) won with his great-looking '77. Best in Show was given to the local club president. But that's OK -- he spent 3 years rebuilding the car himself from a disassembled C2 in a bunch of boxes!

[Modified by page62, 3:05 PM 9/15/2002]
Old 09-15-2002, 08:16 PM
satx79vette
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show-- (page62)

Hey Page62... I too have no problems with the winners of the two classes you referenced... One of the problems that I do have is with the class that you and I were in... I should have taken second place... you even told me several times during the show how nice my car was and that you wished yours looked as good as mine (thanks for the compliments). Not that you don't have a nice car, but between yours and mine, mine was the better car on Saturday. So the only logical answer as to the outcome was that in some cases, it was not the quality of the car that really mattered to some of the judges...

This was my first entry into a car show. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to many of the Forum members that were in attendance. Despite my dissapointment on how the voting went, I'll be back and enter future shows. My only hope is that those doing the judging, will reflect back on their judging techniques and in future shows vote for the quality of the cars and not the person showing the car.

Ok, I'm through venting now...

Old 09-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I just got home from S.A and Austin after spending the post show time with my parents, and my daughter, grandson and son-in-law. I had a great time at the show, everyone of the forum guys I met at the show were first class guys. J.B. Got took! He should have gotten 1st, his car isn't perfect but a great example of a low mileage BB 69 it would take very little to take his car to NCRS Top Flight, it was easily the best looking car in his class (IMHO)
Next year I'll have my car there, it won't hold a candle to JB's, but I'll drag my rough dog out anyway. Here's a picture of JB's car at the show.

[Modified by Smokehouse69, 10:27 PM 9/15/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show--

Quick Reply: Results of New Braunfels TX Vette Show--