C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The State took my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 12:28 AM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: The State took my car!!! (KENS78SILVERANNIV)

Hmmm....don't I recall something from government class about that pesky Constitution and DUE PROCESS? Yeah, we'll impound youor car on teh spot, before you're convicted, but if you get off, you still have to pay the outrageous fee to get yoru car back. Ummm...yeah...okay... :rolleyes:
Old 09-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just heard on the news...the law got passed.:cry I'm in CA right now, and so...that means I need to back off the gas, and take it easy until I get to the track.:sad: That doesn't mean I can't accelerate to get onto the freeway though. :reddevil

The most I'll miss is the U-turns...the steering radius of the vette is too wide for most streets, so I "help" the front wheels by hooking the right wheels around with a little push from my engine. Leave it to the gang bangers and other violent people (they know who they are...the ones with guns and an intent to use them) to ruin it for us safe minded people that just drive out of the box.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:37 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The State took my car!!! (Rockn-Roll)

I lived in CA from 80-86, back then I had a lifted 4WD pickup and they had passed the bumper/frame height law, I got pulled over almost every week by some overzealous cop who came out of the car with his measuring tape. My truck was legal and after a while I got tired of it, so I got a copy of the law and handed it to the cop when I got pulled over :D they must have been on a mission over this because they would always inspect you for other violations while they were at it. No I wasn't some unruly moron out making trouble either.

The reason for the law was that some politicians daughter was t-boned by a big truck and it smashed her mellon and killed her. Of course the news failed to report this girl was wasted drunk and ran a red light at high speed. :rolleyes:

Glad I moved. Get active with motorist consumer groups, vote out the idiots who make up silly laws to get rid of old cars...better yet know who they are before hand and become active in opposing them. Then again, there aren't many politcians anywhere who have common sense.

On another note, there was an anti-crime squad in the local PD here who used to confiscate drug dealer cars and other property. Well it finally came out a couple years ago they were setting people up and taking cars because THEY wanted them, yup you heard right. Unfortunately a lot of peoples lives were ruined by these punks, fortunately most of them are now in prison where they belong.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:14 AM
JA-82-2
Cruising

It seems our "elected" officials are endlessly trying to put an end to our hobby, by making emmisions laws and inspections. What do they expect us to do, buy or build a fast car to keep garaged???
Old 09-08-2002, 06:27 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: The State took my car!!! (JA-82-2)

That is why I hate California. It seems like a few idiots are trying to ruin it for the rest of us. What happened to the law to impound the reckless drivers? Put the violators in jail and not the cars. Afterall, it is the idiot that is driving the car. Picking on a type of car just because it looks fast should also be a no no.
:smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 09-08-2002, 11:23 AM
ROD NOCK
Pro

That's one of the many reasons why Calif is known as the 'Left Coast'. Why enforce the laws you have when you can make another law?! :sad:
Old 09-08-2002, 12:32 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Ca laws are all f'd up... F'n liberals!!! It's the peoples fault to vote for those a-holes that make those f'n laws!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Noel Carboni
Pro

Default Re: The State took my car!!! (GrandSportC3)

Y'know, Olivier, I think I agree with you.

I was starting to think Florida was almost as screwed up, following California's lead. Then, like a miracle, they abolished those stupid pollution inspections in the south Florida counties. Perhaps we're not quite so bad off. Yet.

We need to find and publicize some popular political reason for having fast cars. Say, to run down terrorists. Yeah, that's the ticket! :yesnod:

-Noel

[Modified by Noel Carboni, 6:43 PM 9/8/2002]
Old 09-08-2002, 02:40 PM
majbillgsd
Instructor

I've seen these side shows that have been put on on the public streets and public places where all people gather. I thought it was a good idea. These side show folks for the most part are young, have both hopped up muscle cars and hopped up ricers. they hang out of the cars pullling the sho, doors opened, complete disregard by both teh demonstrator and absolute dumbness on thepart of observers getting out in the way of the car doing the show to the point some serious injuries have occured-don't think nayone's been killed yet? I don't have a problem with this out in an area away from populated areas, controlled so observers aren't out in the middle of it trying to dodge a car. What did you see wrong with them cracking down on it? Drag strips are the best place to run, abandoned airfields or other like places are great for autocross; why not get the side show off the street in to a controlled environment where you can have fun with out so much risk of someone getting hurt?
Just my humble thoughts.
Bill :cheers:
Old 09-08-2002, 02:41 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: The State took my car!!! (Noel Carboni)

Y'know, Olivier, I think I agree with you.

I was starting to think Florida was almost as screwed up, following California's lead. Then, like a miracle, they abolished those stupid pollution inspections in the south Florida counties. Perhaps we're not quite so bad off. Yet.

We need to find and publicise some popular political reason for having fast cars. Say, to run down terrorists. Yeah, that's the ticket! :yesnod:

-Noel
Florida is a very cool state!!! I love living here.. Open Pipes - no inspections 12 month convertible and beach season... Does it get any better than that???
Old 09-14-2002, 01:56 AM
Robert Holtman
Drifting

Default Re: The State took my car!!! ('79ProwlerOrange)

Yes you are right. I;m totally wrong. The AVERAGE 19 year old has his own car museum.
Look all I was trying to say was that MOST kids don't have old musclr cars. Yes somr do. Yes somr new cars are fast. For the MOST PART kids don't drive old muscle cars. Go by a high school's parking lot. Well not in a area where the AVERAGE kid has his own car museum.
Gee wan'na loan me a couple mill? :D
Yes I'm being sacastic. :boxing

Quick Reply: The State took my car!!!