C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitech EFI

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 10:06 AM
diehrd
Safety Car

Received 293 Likes on 189 Posts

I wonder why Edelbrock , Holley , Fast , and on and on and on are not shipping there products smelling of gasoline ..

I call B/S .... And no one has taken a minute to educate us by contacting the company they bought there EFI from. I checked there web site NO MENTION of 100% pre ship testing anywhere .. Trust me if they are doing it , I can not imagine how it is not part of a sales pitch .

I say a unit smelling of gas was returned tested and Re-shipped once testing showed them it worked.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:55 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

When The units were first announced I emailed the company with a number of questions. Ken returned my email the next day saying that the tbi units came from the same plant that the other companies get theirs from. He also said that after they rec. each unit would be flashed and bench tested. If I were called concerned about receiving used returned units I would call the company. There are a number of distributors now so could always ask a couple of them if the units they get smell like gas. Haven't read about any major issues with the tbi units, I would think that there would be plenty of talk on forums if anyone had an issue. The FCC is a good example of how fast bad news travels these days.
I'm in no way defending the product or company, I am still reading the forums making sure in my mind that the tbi units continue to perform well.

Last edited by gdh; 04-16-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 PM
htown81vette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by diehrd
I wonder why Edelbrock , Holley , Fast , and on and on and on are not shipping there products smelling of gasoline ..
I bought a refurbished Holley directly from Holley and it had a gasoline smell.

I also bought a brand new Demon carb from Jegs, it also had a gasoline smell.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience but the above is my own direct experience.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:00 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
I would like to mention that just because something costs more, doesn't make it better. Go to fast, msd, Holley, and edelbrock tech/help sections or installation problems. All of them are full of installation or drivability issues. This doesn't mean that they are engineered badly, a lot of issues are directly related to installation problems. As was the case of one user with the FITECH system. His error. Hey it happens. I've researched FI for about the last 5 yrs. trying to decipher between fact or fiction. The biggest advantage FI will give me personally is fast startups and the ability to compensate for elevation changes. Like I said in my above post, my demon carb works wonderfully. Most times��
I have a FAST EZ EFI on my other hot rod. In my case there's a reason I've decided to go another route. Hopefully FiTech will work out better.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:58 PM
candipogo
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default fi tech gas smell

Originally Posted by diehrd
If they are testing every unit I would want want to know why. It is more likely some of you have returned units that have been fixed then to suggest every unit is test run.
these units are made in china and then assembled and tested in riverside,ca. at their facility by the fi tech company people.
phil
Old 05-20-2016, 05:10 PM
fishslayer143
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 143 Posts

When I inquired about their unit handling 6-7 in hg vacuum, their tech guy said every unit is run tested before shipping.. That's why it smells like fuel

Quick Reply: Fitech EFI