C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 08:59 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT?????

I've told my wife more times than I've told her I love her "DO NOT SLAM CORVETTE DOORS"!!! All you really need is enough force to get the door latch to lock shut---not knock the fiberglass door skin off of the metal inner door shell :lol:

One time she threw the door "open" on our '68 so hard the lower hinge chipped the door fiberglass, which had to be repaired by the guy who painted it. Some people I guess don't realize Corvettes need a little extra care, after all they're no Toyota Camry or Ford Taurus :lol:
Old 08-31-2002, 09:10 AM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (Paul Borowski)

I finally gave up. Now I open and close the door for her. She thinks I'm being a gentleman and loves it. :blueangel:

Little does she know I do this because she is totally incapable of understanding and remember that the door will close without using the force of a small nuclear device. :smash:

Oh the things we must do for the things we love (and I'm not talking about the wife here). :cheers:
Old 08-31-2002, 09:12 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (Paul Borowski)

I don't think they limit their slamming to Vettes Paul. I have 3 females in the household and they slam every door on every vehicle regardless of how many times I caution them. :confused:

I think it's that "female gene"! :D
Old 08-31-2002, 09:49 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Paul,
My Wife can do much better than that! Before I added some much-needed reinforcement in June, she regularly not only slammed the door but yanked the nose of the armrest right out of the door frame :eek: .

Old 08-31-2002, 10:14 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (paul79)

This is one of my pet peeves. Not just on my corvette but on all of my vehicles. I have most of my family trained not to slam the doors.

Every now and again I have to take my wife out behind the woodshed and use a switch and stripe her legs just to remind her. :smash:

jk,LOL
Old 08-31-2002, 10:24 AM
rreavis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that I have this issue under control. :yesnod:
The wife and I have an agreement that if you break it you either fix it or pay to
have it fixed.. Since she is not mechnical, she pays for parts and I fix it (with improvements) at her expense. For example, I found a rusted out trailing arm
on her side of the car... showed her and explained that she had to replace that. :lol: :lol:
She did... she paid for the complete trailing arm on her side and while under
there, I took care of the driver side and spring.
She takes care of the car as well as I do...No door problems here :cheers:
Old 08-31-2002, 10:28 AM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (rreavis)

i have got in the habit of telling people when they get in or out..." watch your legs on the pipes and don't slam the door"....
Old 08-31-2002, 10:32 AM
mg62
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (1bad69)

My wife always b!tches about the passenger door being too hard to open. I usually tell her, "Just pull the handle, put your shoulder into it and stop complaining." The result of this sort of sweet-talkin' is usually her slamming the door once she gets out.

:mad
Old 08-31-2002, 10:33 AM
JMV
Safety Car

My son is the only one I don't have to tell each and every time not to slam the door :smash: If I forget or get distracted when they are (wife, 3 girls) getting in or out, WHAM :mad I would print this out and give them each a copy but it would only justify them as "see, we're not the only ones who do this." :lol: :lol:
Old 08-31-2002, 10:42 AM
CharlieF
Racer

My wife slams the door on every vehicle we own.. Drives me absolutely crazy! After 14 years together you think she'd know by now. But yet when she goes into a closet in our house she never closes that door. :confused:
Old 08-31-2002, 11:04 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

IMHO, Corvette door-slammming is a gene possessed by all females.
:yesnod: :chevy :chevy :yesnod:
Old 08-31-2002, 11:26 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

My wife LOVES our '73 but she pulled a tough one to beat when we brought it home. The day we first were pulling it into the garage I decided to back it in and the motor dies. So, since it's just me and her and our driveway is on an incline I decide to use the lawn mower to pull it into the garage. Well after spinning the tires on thew mower and wondering why it can't pull the car in I realize she had left the door open and it was hitting the outside of the garage! No serious damage but nonetheless we both were upset at our stupidity. :eek:

I hope she doesn't read this, she'd be seriously embarassed
Old 08-31-2002, 11:36 AM
fontking1a
Burning Brakes

Here's the reason guys why women do that sort of thing. THEY NEVER HAVE TO REPAIR THE poopie THEY BREAK. They do slam doors. They do open their doors into other cars in parking lots. They do slam dishwasher doors. They do slam silverware drawers. Etc. Etc. And, then...when something breaks due to their carelessness....who do they call? You can't live with 'em....and you can't live without 'em....eh?
Old 08-31-2002, 12:16 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (fontking1a)

My wife is a butcher. 3 times I have had to fis the door lock, 2 times the power window assembly. The force generated by a 125 lb woman is incredible! :lol:Now I have just given up fixing the door lock assembly.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:32 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (SuperFast80)

My wife is very good, I think is is because she used to date a guy with a C1 many moons ago and he trained her well.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (gdh)

Before or after I make some dumb*** comment to her?? Serious, she is a princess and with no A/C doesn't ususally go near it. She is awesome though. She approved of me buying it. :)
Old 08-31-2002, 03:55 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (Robert N)

My labrador is better to the Vette than my girlfriend, yes he slobbers over the side but he DOES NOT put his paws on the side of the door. Merilee taps her long fingernails on my paint, drives me nuts. I tell her just let the door go and I'll close it, she still slams it, like she's trying to push the passenger door into the center of the car. It's like this everytime we drive " Don't touch the paint! Just get in, don't touch anything! All you need to do is just sit there and look pretty, I'll do the rest" :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT?????

Old 08-31-2002, 06:50 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (Cali,77,L-82)

My wife slammed my car door so hard while we were dating that it one day gave up and no longer opened from the inside. I now had to open the door for her so she could get out of the car, this was after me telling her repeatedly DO NOT SLAM THE DOOR :cuss ! Everyone thought I was such the gentleman to open the door for her when we went places :lol: .

Being a father of a future door slammer, I've started working on her at a young age ;) .

NIce to see that this is more common than I knew :D !
Old 08-31-2002, 10:53 PM
Tahos
Pro

Beware they don't ever learn either.My wife started with my 54 chevy and
after 47 years now she still slams the doors.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:56 PM
mg62
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT????? (Tahos)

Beware they don't ever learn either.My wife started with my 54 chevy and
after 47 years now she still slams the doors.
Sounds like she's banked about 46 years of YOU not learnin' ..... :D

Quick Reply: Do All Women "SLAM" Corvette Doors When Getting IN or OUT?????