C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:09 AM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend!

I bought the movie on e-bay I didnt think it was a big deal so I sat around one day with nothing to do and ended up watching it 4 times in a row.Now I keep having strange visions in my sleep and I can't put down the tools and saws and the torch.I've already ripped out the steering colum but it doesn't line up good on the right side oh well I'll make it fit somehow I think.Does any body know where I can find a 2 foot long stingray emblem for my butt end (mid america doesnt carry these very srange!)Iam also looking for a wanna be hooker in training in the vegas area thanks for the help. SLO RDE (a.k.a THE HOT ONE) " You may have seen lot of cars but you love this one as much as I do" :jester :p: :jester
Old 08-21-2002, 10:14 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (SLO RDE)

uhhh....4x?.....ummm....once was enough for me to see that abomination of the car, and it is even worse when you see it up close in real life.

Say....u been smokin any loco weed?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (GDaina)

Go check out Two Lane Blacktop.............If you wanna see a real movie :cheers:
Old 08-21-2002, 10:27 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (Alwyn678)

isnt that the movie with the c3 with the ugly **** hood thingie??

:U
Old 08-21-2002, 10:30 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (Alwyn678)

Go check out Two Lane Blacktop.............If you wanna see a real movie :cheers:
Old 08-21-2002, 10:47 AM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go check out Two Lane Blacktop.............If you wanna see a real movie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However there is one movie I'd like to get my hands on, "King of the Mountain" with Harry Hamlin driving what I believe was a Porche 356 and Dennis Hopper driving a 63' split window Corvette. Unfortunately the split window coupe was totaled at the end, as is always the case when a Corvette is in a movie.

Mark

[Modified by 81vette, 8:58 AM 8/21/2002]
Old 08-21-2002, 12:00 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (SLO RDE)

I bought the movie on e-bay I didnt think it was a big deal so I sat around one day with nothing to do and ended up watching it 4 times in a row.
Seek medical/psychological help immediately - that abomination of a film will scar you permanently. It has been shown to cause infertility, excessive flatulance and near terminal halitosis :jester
Old 08-21-2002, 12:43 PM
vettesite
Burning Brakes

You gotta love low budget movies that blow most of their budget over modifing a Vette.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:50 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (81vette)

I remember that movie because in high school we subscribed to one of the first pay movie subscription services called 'ON TV' and I saw that movie 5 or 10 times. It was broadcast over a local TV channel, WXON channel 20 out of Detroit, at night and it was scambled without the box. Showed 2 movies a night and repeated them over and over and over and...
Old 08-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (81vette)

I remember that movie because in high school we subscribed to one of the first pay movie subscription services called 'ON TV' and I saw that movie 5 or 10 times. It was broadcast over a local TV channel, WXON channel 20 out of Detroit, at night and it was scambled without the box. Showed 2 movies a night and repeated them over and over and over and...

Saw the The Who's first farewell tour in '83 at a friends on 'IT TV'. Saw my first ***** on 'IT TV' too. :)
Old 08-21-2002, 01:47 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (GDaina)

uhhh....4x?.....ummm....once was enough for me to see that abomination of the car, and it is even worse when you see it up close in real life.

Say....u been smokin any loco weed?
, man you should see that car up close and in person. it is THE FIRST RICE. man, it's cheesy. the plastic lenses for the lights aren't cut to fit worth a dayum, has crumpled foil in that back bumper lens for 'effect', and the paint! :U i just want to know how pictures are so forgiving for cars but when i get my photo taken, i look like a short, wide door :confused:
Old 08-21-2002, 01:52 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (clutchdust)

Say....u been smokin any loco weed? , man you should see that car up close and in person. it is THE FIRST RICE. man, it's cheesy. the plastic lenses for the lights aren't cut to fit worth a dayum, has crumpled foil in that back bumper lens for 'effect', and the paint! :U i just want to know how pictures are so forgiving for cars but when i get my photo taken, i look like a short, wide door :confused:
Hey, what do you expect!!! The poor kid built it in his shop class. I'm sure the school funds were limited!!! :mad
Old 08-21-2002, 02:44 PM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (Fevre)

"King of the Mountain" came out in 1981 to be exact. I was still in high school that year too. Yeah, me and my brother watched it maybe a dozen or so times. I just couldn't get enough of the Vette. It was cut up and had a bad paint job, but it was still :cool:. Even the Porche was pretty cool looking the way he had it set up for road racing.

Mark

[Modified by 81vette, 12:44 PM 8/21/2002]
Old 08-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Been so long I don't remember much about it just it was about fast cars and I thought that was :cool: . :yesnod:
Old 08-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard that the Corvette Summer car had been stolen. Probably by a real Corvette Fan that was embarrased to see such a hideous makeover of a pretty car. Unfortunately, the car was found. For all its mods, it was also an embarrassement that it didn't show a more decisive victory against a supposedly stock Pontiac. How hard should it be to beat a car with much less than 300 net horsepower? I remember another car movie from the late 70's showing the story of a guy racing his own drag car with a supercharged 426 Hemi. He broke his engine and had to swipe one from a police car to make the finals. Anyway, they show an impromptu drag race with a Porsche Turbo on a two lane highway. The Turbo with its massive 250 net horsepower was barely edged out. Come on!! That's Hollywood!

Chuck

[Modified by Chuck Harmon, 11:59 AM 8/21/2002]
Old 08-21-2002, 04:41 PM
ukvette72
Instructor

Default Re: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend! (Chuck Harmon)

Hey Chuck, I remember that film it was called "hot rod". Absolutley brilliant i must have watched it 30 times.

David :)
Old 08-21-2002, 09:29 PM
INTIMIDATOR ZO6
Melting Slicks

:seeya How about "Hot Rods to Hell"..."Aloha Bobby and Rose"..."Hollywood Knights"..."Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry"..."Corky"... "Joe Dirt" :D
Old 08-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

I've yet to see this film in its entirety.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend!

Quick Reply: Help me please. I watched corvette summer 4 times this weekend!