C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center 3x2 carb options (new)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Center 3x2 carb options (new)

Wondering if there are any vendors for my 3x2 center carb? Mine works, but it's tired and I want a new one. Years ago there was a vendor in Alabama that had these, but I have lost track of him.

Also, I saw that this carb is available for Mopar applications, but the throttle linkage is different. anyone know of other differences? I could potentially swap the throttle shaft if I had to. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

Hans
Old 07-24-2015, 06:30 AM
pltmgr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 360 Likes on 216 Posts

Ecklers sells new reproductions
Old 07-24-2015, 11:57 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Try posting in the C2 section. Those guys know everything 'bout vette restorations.

Good luck Wrencher.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:16 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 549 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by pltmgr
Ecklers sells new reproductions
Thanks for the tip.

I have a set of 3X2's that were working when they were removed from my car around 1984. I'd like to have them restored, or better yet replaced with new carbs.

At one point in time, I had a set of NOS 3X2 carbs. They were in a Public Storage unit along with a lot of other Corvette stuff. I think the manager of the Public Storage unit stole off my stuff.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:58 AM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I literally just finished installing my set of trips. I had them rebuilt by www.vintagemusclecarparts.com. Bolted them on, primed the center carb, and the engine fired right up with no concerns. Adjusted the end carbs closing linkage, installed the air cleaner and now ready for a test drive. If you want to sell your carb, I'm interested depending on the date code.
Mark
Old 07-26-2015, 08:26 AM
waljr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for interest sake check out the f&b bbc tri power injection on YouTube
Old 08-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3X2
I literally just finished installing my set of trips. I had them rebuilt by www.vintagemusclecarparts.com. Bolted them on, primed the center carb, and the engine fired right up with no concerns. Adjusted the end carbs closing linkage, installed the air cleaner and now ready for a test drive. If you want to sell your carb, I'm interested depending on the date code.
Mark
That's OK, I'll keep it! The Eckler's unit looks like the way to go.
I fought my original 780 Holley on my BOSS for years, never ran quite right. Finally bought a 750 from Summit, made a few minor adjustments, and fired it up. It hasn't run this good for long time, so I put the original on the shelf and driving it.

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To Center 3x2 carb options (new)

Quick Reply: Center 3x2 carb options (new)