C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County California Corvette Wrenching Community

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Zero1Niner
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Orange County California Corvette Wrenching Community

Hey guys,

I do a bunch of work on my car myself..just about everything, but I am pretty new to this. I do most of the work alone, which is less than ideal for not only safety reasons, but also to make the job easier, and to share the experience with others.

Had an idea to create a meetup group or similar to gather a bunch of like minded corvette guys to gather once in a while to work on stuff together. Seemed like it could be a great opportunity to bring the wisdom of some that have been doing this a long time, as well as guys that just want to learn.

Id love to hear what you guys think of and idea like this. Pros? Cons? Been tried before?

Web sites like meetup.com or others in that space are doing a great job bringing people with common interest together, and to be honest, I haven't seen much more 'common interest' anywhere compared to what I have seen from the contributors to this website.

Lets talk about this. Im in Santa Ana, CA, and I am sure there are others that are in my area.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 AM
HwyFever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in Costa Mesa. I could see the value of hooking up with similar minded people to talk about and work on our Corvettes. Should a group form to have a coffee or meet somewhere I would be interested. I think this is how car clubs get started
Old 07-01-2015, 09:55 AM
sheerider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Iam in

I live in Fountain Valley and I did the complete body off resto on my 69 myself. I am in for a meet up.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Zero1Niner
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome. I am working on a meetup type page, which I will post on here once I finish it. This is a start!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:40 AM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 600 Likes on 486 Posts

in different club we call them Mod days.

One or two major jobs are outlined. People show up with tools and food.

BBQ, wrenching and bleeding commence.

Get notified of new replies

To Orange County California Corvette Wrenching Community

Quick Reply: Orange County California Corvette Wrenching Community