C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Part/Fuse Box Name?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Rayvan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Part/Fuse Box Name?

So I've noticed that the fuse box right next to the kick panel on driverside for my 1980 should really get a replacing. While adjusting a fuse, I noticed it seems to have somehow imploded at some point in time (the copper looking piece where the fuse inserts into).

So basically I should really replace that entire thing as that tiny burnt look is probably going to continue to degrade over time, and that fuse won't be able to fit in at some point. I do know I've had to push it in at least twice in the last few months.

Ok, now the problem, I don't know what the hell that fuse box is called :O

Anybody know what it's called so I can order it? I've tried many variations of 'fuse box', 'electrical box', 'fuse' to try and nab it and it leads nowhere for Willcox or Ecklers.

Please advise.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,169 Likes on 2,096 Posts

If it's the main fuse block your looking at, it's part or the dash wire harness. I do not believe it's sold on it's own, only part of the harness.

You may be able to still buy a repair kit and try to replace some connectors in the car but it's a PIA job at best.

Replacing the dash harness is also a big job

HIH
M
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Rayvan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you Mooser. Now that you mention that...I wonder, do you think it's a safety issue that the 1 plug there appears partially smoldered (from when it sparked at some point). Don't worry, I won't come after you if something bad ends up happening
Old 06-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,169 Likes on 2,096 Posts

Which fuse (what is it protecting) is it?
Without seeing it I'd say clean the clips really well so they have good contact, make sure they are still attached and I wouldn't worry about it.
M

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical Part/Fuse Box Name?

Quick Reply: Electrical Part/Fuse Box Name?