C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD

Man I am so pissed. The Vette has had the paint touched up 3 times in the last year and today I was cleaning up my barbecue grill and decided to paint the grill's handle which is weatherbeaten. So I grabed a plywood board to paint on and the beach chair behind the wood falls. :eek: I leap forward to stop the chair and the board goes smashing into the right front fender :mad . Worse yet the chair is in it's canvas case and would have done NOTHING to the paint, maybe buff out a smear but instead now I have a plainly obvious hole about the size of a pencil eraser on the fender. Touch up paint helps but it's so easy to see :mad :mad I swear sometimes I am my car's worst enemy. SO FRIGGING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!! Sorry for the rant, had to get it off my chest.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:09 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (Cali,77,L-82)

Take a deep breath, and a deep gulp of your favorite cocktail... :cheers:
We've all done dumb butt stuff, so don't even think about running for DB President. :D Ask me how I chipped the paint on the fender above the wheel well with a tire iron, as I'm taking off the trim rings... not once... oh no... but twice :mad :mad :mad That tire iron still hasen't returned since then ... it's somewhere in orbit.. still circling the earth. :D :D :jester :jester
Eddie
Old 07-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (Silvr77)

Thanks Silvr77. It's hard enough avoiding all the chicken heads that bump their doors into our babies, much less these stupid mistakes. :rolleyes:
Old 07-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

In the words of a humble Homer Simpson, "D'OHH".
Old 07-28-2002, 09:41 PM
WeasleVette454
Racer

Yours musta been the West Coast Edition. I get the Mid West (dunno how they classify Ohio as Mid West) Edition quite often.
Weasle :cheers:
Old 07-28-2002, 09:45 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (WeasleVette454)

well, ok, since you brought it up.... i wouldnt normally mention this.... and I cant even remember exactly which tool it was.... or how the heck I dropped it so that it hit my drivers side door and knocked a chip out of the door..... one of the worst blemishes I have on my nice paint... touched it up, but I can sure as heck still see it! :mad

MJ
Old 07-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Chinaski
Team Owner

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (MNJack)

don't feel bad...i gotta post a picture of my garage...it has a 'friggin guide wire from a telephone pole goin right in front of it....at first, it was so hard to get my no power steering '74 in there...really tight squeeze, but now i've gotten it down to an art...couple months ago had the vette out when this girl i was sweet on came over to the pad (figured i'd impress her with the car hahahaha!) was backin her in there (while she was watching) and put a 3 inch long scratch above the rear wheel well (hit my rinky dink work bench, i know she thought i was an idiot) needless to say, girl dumped me the next day....i still have the scratch on the rear wheel well, no girl but a cool '74 vette...i'm still happy....as roger (the second owner of my vette) said "it's better than a wife!"

Old 07-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Thanks Silvr77. It's hard enough avoiding all the chicken heads that bump their doors into our babies, much less these stupid mistakes. :rolleyes:
Yep... that's why I'll never have an expensive paint job.... too many MORONS out there.... it's because of MORONS!! :smash: :smash: :smash:
Eddie
Old 07-29-2002, 12:34 AM
garagedweller2
Le Mans Master

a little filler will fix hole (i think)
Old 07-29-2002, 12:45 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

As I was painting my car the otherday I refilled the cup on the gun (gravity feed) cup is on top, I forgot to put the top back on the cup. :nono: Well I spilled half the paint that was in the cup all the way down the rear quarter. I fixed it though but it was a dumb thing to do.
Bob
Old 07-29-2002, 01:42 AM
Stevo81
Pro

Boy is that dumb...last time I heard of anybody doing something that dumb...it was me... :lol:
Old 07-29-2002, 03:20 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

That tire iron still hasen't returned since then ... it's somewhere in orbit.. still circling the earth. :D :D :jester :jester
Eddie
I still have to ask my neighboor if I can get my screwdriver off his roof. I had a medium size Craftsman standard in a box full of tools. It was on top, and I was walking around the front of the car when it jumped out and fell towards the nose of the car, tip down. Luckily it landed flat and hit the nose emblem. I picked it up, walked out of my garage and pitched it up on the roof of the guy across the street. Don't know why I did it, I was just pissed off.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (BSeery)

We have all done some idiotic stuff.....It happens .........The trick is learning how to "Deal" with it without Blowing a Gasket....
Old 07-29-2002, 02:04 PM
vettesite
Burning Brakes

I feel your pain. I had my Vette on jack stands and as I was removing one I didn't slide it out far enough and lowered the Vette onto it. Lucky for me it hit the rocker panel and not the door. I re-shaped the rocker panel and all is well.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Sorry to hear that man. :sad: I've done stupid things myself. I think the emotions work for me to embed the incident into my mind, so if another such situation occurs I will remember to look over the situation better. I find that I spot things now that I wouldn't have before, like a chair that might shift when a board is pulled. Now, you get to play with bondo! :hat
Old 07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (Rockn-Roll)

I can chime in on "dumb butt stuff" too!

I was detailing the CE and getting ready for a car show, and I must have been working too damn hard on the car to the point that I got the shakes in my hands. Had a can of touch up paint sitting on the ground, and you guessed it...kicked the damn thing all over the inside of my driver's side door! I'm running around saying "OMG! OMG!" You are NOT going to believe how I got the paint out of the carpeted part of the door neither! Acetone! Thank god it didn't munch up the carpeting and it came out. From that point on I learned real fast to NEVER put an open can of paint anywhere near your car!

I think all of us can attest to "Dumb Butt" storeis!
Old 08-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (luvmy82)

Okay I don't feel bad anymore. Last night I am sitting on my front porch enjoying a fresh Dos Equis lager and my neighbor across from me backs up his 911 Targa. He slowely and carefully looks back and right for upcoming traffic. Ms. Breastous Largeuos drives by on here bike in her short shorts and he concentrates on her......he backs out into a passing Dodge Caravan and POW!!!! :smash: :smash:
He's picking up parts of his left rear fender and rear bumperette. I had to go inside so as not to cry/ laugh in front of him. No it's not funny I feel his pain. But I have to award him the Chicken Head of the Month Award. :jester :crazy:

[Modified by Cali,77,L-82, 2:05 PM 8/8/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD

Old 08-08-2002, 04:52 PM
flood
Race Director

ahhh one thing about having crappy paint I can do whatever, park where ever and drive on dirt roads.

People still comment "nice Vette" too :cheers:
Old 08-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Okay I don't feel bad anymore. Last night I am sitting on my front porch enjoying a fresh Dos Equis lager and my neighbor across from me backs up his 911 Targa. He slowely and carefully looks back and right for upcoming traffic. Ms. Breastous Largeuos drives by on here bike in her short shorts and he concentrates on her......he backs out into a passing Dodge Caravan and POW!!!! :smash: :smash:
He's picking up parts of his left rear fender and rear bumperette. I had to go inside so as not to cry/ laugh in front of him. No it's not funny I feel his pain. But I have to award him the Chicken Head of the Month Award. :jester :crazy:

[Modified by Cali,77,L-82, 2:05 PM 8/8/2002]
:cheers: :lol:
Old 08-08-2002, 05:18 PM
VetteVixen
Burning Brakes

Default Re: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD (Alwyn678)

We've all been there. Sounds like on YOUR street, you men shouldn't look at girls while you're TRYING to drive! One dumb thing happened to a friend on another forum....he backed out of his garage with his door open, you can guess what happened. Have a beer on me, chill out, and fix it if you can. :cheers:

Quick Reply: I WON DUMB BUTT OF THE WEEK AWARD